Chapter 16

Word Bank
•bienvenue au festival d'hiver (bee•ahn•veh•noo•oh•fest•eevahl•dee•vhere): welcome to the winter festival
•Les performances commenceront bientôt (lay•pear•for•mahn•say•com•ahn•sair•ohn•bee•
ahn•toe): the performances will start soon
•Nous continuerons après la pause (noo•con•tin•oo•rohn•ah•pray•la•pose): we will continue after the break
___________________________________

"Wow, this is so cool!" Yoongi exclaimed in awe.

"I know right. It was a lot of work, but we pulled it together," I grinned proudly.

Yoongi raised an eyebrow, "You planned this?"

I shrugged, "It's tradition. A senior is chosen amongst the grade and staff to spearhead the Winter Festival preparations. This year it was me. So I gathered a team and we set up all of this. I had to get here super early in the morning to set it up but it was worth it."

"It's impressive. Very detailed and well thought out. I mean it looks like a whole fair," he complimented.

I pecked his cheek, "Thanks."

He turned to face me, shyly wrapping his hands around my waist, "Are you going to be spending time with your friends?"

I shook my head, "I need to help out with performances for like the first hour. Along with my own, I'm accompanying my friends on piano, and a bunch of other acts. I won't be able to actually enjoy the festival for long, but when I'm done, maybe you and I can hang out."

"You don't want to be with your friends?"

"They're probably going out drinking and I can't leave because I need to oversee the festival. So if you're staying, we can just hang out and walk around," I suggested.

"That's more than fine with me," he smiled softly.

He entwined his fingers with mine while a soft gaze lingered on the action. He seemed to be getting more comfortable with our relationship and finding more confidence in expressing his feelings. We unconsciously compromised on our nuances and had grown slightly more accustomed to what the other liked and enjoyed.

Our relationship was in its infancy but it was blossoming and adapting as need be. It was always thrilling to be in this stage of a relationship where you figure out your partner's habits and whatnot.

"It's going to start in a bit so I need to prepare but feel free to walk around. I've already got people appointed to the booths so you can eat and play games if you'd like," I said.

"With my French skills, yeah no I'll just wait," he huffed.

"Shut up. You're proficient in the language, you know that you can do it," I rolled my eyes.

He grinned, "If you say so. But seriously, I'll hang out here for a bit. Enjoy the music and then maybe I'll wander off in a bit."

I nodded, "Okay. Just don't catch a chill. It's pretty cold."

"I should be telling you that Miss Thin Sweater," he huffed.

"I adore the cold for your information. I'm like an ice queen," I grinned.

"Okay, Elsa," he rolled his eyes making me laugh.

Eventually, I let our playful banter go and headed up to my position on stage to prepare. Unfortunately, because it was outside, we could just have a grand piano outside, so we managed to swing a classy keyboard that pretty much served the same purpose.

I sat at the bench with my binder full of music, sorting my pieces in the order of the setlist needed. For the first half of the performances, I was on accompaniment duty. I needed to back up the singers, other instrumentalists, and even the special dance routines we managed to swing.