Chapter 11

Yoongi POV

Ah I'm such an idiot.

I groaned realizing how bad everything probably looked to Suji.

Ignoring her and dodging her, what am I, five?

I ran my fingers through my hair frustratedly, unsure what I could ever say or do to make it right. It's not that I didn't enjoy the kiss. God no, it was...kind of perfect. The feeling of her...ah that's unimportant.

But I really did enjoy it, and the thumping of my heart in my chest when it happened was more than enough indication for that.

It's just that...I was scared. For a numerous amount of reasons.

For starters, I never intended to come here to make meaningful relationships. No friendships, no romantic relationships, virtually nothing. I called it operation Get-In-Get-Out and wanted to do as such.

Second of all, Suji was a very outgoing person. Lively, social, enthusiastic, spontaneous, and popular. I was scared that whatever happened was just her being herself in the moment and that there was nothing else attached.

And finally, I was worried that if something did happen between us, that we'd end up having a bad falling out because of our future long-distance relationship.

So I decided to video-call the best advice-givers I knew.

"Hyung!" The voices cheered in unison as the group positioned the camera so they could all be in the frame.

My heart burst in excitement at the sight of my dear friends. We actually hadn't video chatted since I arrived and only had minimal phone calls because of the time difference.

I waved animatedly, smiling at the faces of all my friends.

"Hyung! We miss you!" Jungkook whined.

The others nodded in agreement while Jin chuckled at them adoringly.

"We have definitely felt your absence my friend," Jin hummed wistfully.

"Believe me, I don't think any one of you feels it more than I do. It's been really hard to just kind of not deal with your weirdness everyday. Not much social interaction," I chuckled.

"No way~ you had to have made a few friends," Namjoon scoffed.

I softly nodded, my mind wandering to the infamous girl once again. I had indeed made a new friend. A special friend who I wasn't sure what my feelings were.

"By that look, I'm going to guess there is actually someone who you haven't told us about," Jimin pointed out.

I bit my lip, unsure of how to explain it. They would think I'm an idiot for being so weird with her instead of just accepting my feelings.

"Her name is Suzy Park, or Suji in Korean," I murmured.

But those boys had sharp ears. They perked up immediately and began to wiggle their eyebrows at me, intrigued by the girl as most people who came into contact with her were.

"How did you meet her?" Hoseok asked.

Oh lord.

"Funny story, on the first day, I was panicking because my translator aid was late and I needed help. I noticed her and she seemed to be Korean, so I spoke to her and she helped me out since we had the first class together. Since then we've become really good friends. She helps me out with French a lot and tries to include me in the year activities. I'm pretty lucky to have found her," I rambled, unconsciously smiling.

"Oh he so has a crush on her!" Taehyung cheekily announced.

I went red, "Now wait-"

"You can't even deny it hyung," Namjoon chuckled.

"That's not-"

"Haha no wonder. Someone probably needs a second opinion because he did something stupid," Jin grinned.

Well that's true but damn.

"So mean sheesh," I huffed.

They snickered, continuing to tease me about Suji. Why did I come to them again?

"Well what's the problem? Are you too shy to ask her out?" Jin questioned.

I scratched my neck awkwardly, "We kind of skipped around the progressive steps. We kind of kissed...and then I may have, kind of, sort of, ignored her and dodged her in any way shape or form that I could."

There was an exasperated silence. I could feel the disappointment and shock through the screen.

They all collectively smacked their foreheads with an exhausted sigh.

"Why did we send him off to the foreign country again?" Hoseok huffed.

"Hyung is crashing and burning embarrassingly," Jungkook added.

I glared at them, "Hey, I'm still here you know."

"We know," Namjoon sighed.

I groaned, "Ugh, you guys aren't helping. The question is, what should I do?"

"Tell your feelings maybe?" Jimin suggested.

"You think I'm going to walk up to her and just casually confess as if it's asking for help with translations? It's not that easy. For starters, I intended to interact with absolutely nobody. We're literal polar opposites. And the long-distance in the near future is gonna tear us apart," I argued.

"Why are you worrying so much? You're both adults. Sometimes there doesn't need to be such an emotional tie," Taehyung said.

"She's a hopeless romantic. She literally in love with Paris and she gushes about love and all that," I said.

"She's an adult Yoongi. If she's putting herself out there, she's well aware of it and still attempted to try. Or she's not thinking so deeply about what she can't control. And you should too. If you like her, just try it. It's an experience," Jin said.

"But I don't know if I like her!" I whined.

"Well figure it out hyung. Talk to her. But don't ignore her. From how you've described her, she's outgoing and carefree. She'll let it go eventually and move on. Don't regret missing out on a chance," Namjoon warned.

I sighed, "I guess, but I don't know how I'll ever approach her. She makes me so flustered."

"There's nothing wrong with that. Opposites attract. Plus, you've got the quirky side to you which I'm sure she'll find amusing," Jin said.

I nodded, mulling over their words. I knew I had to talk to her, but this kind of confrontation wasn't my thing.

I was here for whatever was left of the semester and then the next semester before I fly back. There won't be an established relationship by then.

But then again, this wasn't some type of high school sweetheart. We were mature adults who understood concepts of the perfect match. That doesn't mean we had to hold back from each other in the meanwhile.

I was almost certain it wouldn't be a lasting relationship, but maybe it would be good for the both of us.

I nodded in resolve, vowing to go talk to her when we were back at school.

I noticed her text come in, but I couldn't bring myself to respond. I wanted to do it face to face. No matter the consequence.

The guys continued to cheer me on, giving me different strategies. It was nice to talk to them again. The interaction with familiarity that I had only got with one special person.

The one person who reminded me of home. I'd talk to her. I'd have to. I wanted to resolve this. No more running away.

Adults deal with their adult problems and adult feelings.