15. Morning

OK REALLY QUICK THING BEFORE I START THIS CHAPTER, PLEASE READ

So half of y'all said you wanted to read them wake up to each other, the other half were impatient for the smut. So this is a short part while the next chapter is smut. I'll make this chapter short so you can read the smut y'all wanted.

Also, I got rubber bands for my braces and I have a little headache because of it, so sorry if the chapters aren't the best.

-Hermione's perspective-

I wake up in Bellatrix's bed with her by my side, snoring softly. She must've been really tired.

I flip over and look at her, smiling lightly. Last night's events flow back and I smile wider, remembering how she smiled and laughed with me, under the stars.

A few moments later, the older witch's eyes flicker open and she smiles a tiny bit at me. "Staring, Granger? You know, that's considered rude in some places."
"When someone's being creepy, that's when it's rude."
"Watching me sleep can be considered creepy."
"I woke up a minute ago. It wasn't long."
"Mhm, sure."
I roll my eyes slightly. "Sleep well?"
"Yeah, you?"
"Pretty well. When did we come back in?"
"Oh you fell asleep outside, I carried you in."

My cheeks heat up a bit at the image of Bellatrix carrying me. "Oh. I'm sorry."
"You don't weigh anything, don't worry."
"I could say the same about you."
"How could you know that? You've never carried me."
"You're skinny as hell, Bellatrix."
She smirks. "That doesn't mean I'm light, Granger."
"Doesn't it?"
"No. It just means you assume I'm weak, when I'm clearly not. It's useful at times."
"How does appearing weak become useful?"
"People think the least of me when they see me. Most people freeze when they're shocked so you can easily overpower them."
"Oh that makes sense."
She nods. "I'm gonna go take a shower."

I nod. "Alright."
She gets up and grabs her outfit from the closet before walking into the bathroom and turning the water on.

I lay on my back and stare at the ceiling, remembering last night. Her soft laugh, her smile, her obsession with stars and constellations. My stomach gets butterflies when I remember the part where we held hands. She hesitated at first before letting me hold her hand. It means so much to me that she smiled at me. I close my eyes and remember exactly what she looked like while smiling at me. How her face lit up, how her eyes no longer looked cold, how she seemed calmer overall, and how much she was enjoying herself. I wonder what else she likes. Let's see, she enjoys water, probably, she enjoys the stars, I think she likes cooking sometimes, and...I think that's all I know. I really should know more. Well, at least no one's coming for me and I'll learn more about her.

A certain ache grows again, resulting in my mind going back to Hogwarts and the people I called friends. Have they even tried looking for me? Or did they forget about me? It wouldn't be the first time, this time it's just...more permanent.

I get so lost in my thoughts that I don't notice Bellatrix coming out of the bathroom. "Granger?"
I snap out of my thoughts and look at her. "Oh. My turn?"
She nods, her face showing confusion. "Why are you crying?"
"What?" I reach up to my face and realize that there are tears falling down my face. I hadn't realized. "Oh. I don't know." I quickly get up and grab clothes. Before I reach the bathroom, Bellatrix grabs my arm, causing me to turn back to her.

"What do you want to ask?"
I don't know how she knows, but I'm quite relieved that I don't have to suddenly ask her. I like it when she asks what I need to ask her. "Have they tried looking for me?" I ask quietly.

Bellatrix gives me a tiny, sad smile as she releases my arm and moves the hair out of my face. "No. But you're mine now. Ok? I'm your new friend."
I smile up at her. "Thank you..."
She nods. "Now take a shower, it helps."
"Thank you." I repeat, walking into the bathroom and closing the door, stripping down. I shouldn't feel comfort by that. She said that I'm hers and I should be scared or something near that, but all I feel is comfort. I feel comfort in Bellatrix and I can't tell if that's good, or if that's terrifying. Maybe it's both, but what I'm sure about now, is that I'm happy with her.

That was the shortest chapter ever-

Yeah I know it's trash but y'know, smut's comin up so you can look forward to that ;)

Anyways. I hope it was ok at the least.

Daily reminder that I'm here for all of you if you need to talk/rant to someone