29. Staying in bed

-Hermione's perspective-

Waking up next to Bella isn't anything new, but each time I wake up to see her gorgeous face, and her relaxed body, a smile makes its way to my face and my stomach bursts with butterflies for a few moments. It's always such a surprise to see the dark witch calmer than she's made out to be. Her exterior is cold and insane, protected so no one would hurt her. You'd think it's terribly hard to gain her trust, and to some extent, that's a true statement, however, few, selected people are able to make their way into her heart, and I feel proud to say that I'm one of those few people. As far as I know, it's me, Narcissa, perhaps Lucius, and maybe lord Voldemort.

It's funny that people mistake her admiration for him as love for him.

As far as I know, he's nothing more than a Lord to her.

I know he gave her purpose in life since she didn't have much to do before him, but that's about it. She may love him on a certain level, but I'd like to believe that there isn't much romantic love for him, and its simply adoration.

Speaking of the older witch, her voice fills the empty room and shakes me out of my thoughts. "Staring again, love?" She asks, her voice low and rougher than normal.

I smile softly and watch as her eyes slowly flicker open, and a smirk makes its way onto her face. "At you? Always."
Her nose scrunches. "Just a little bit cheesy there, love."

"I know." I say, snuggling into her.

Bella smiles and wraps her arms around me. "How's your thigh?"
"Hm?"
"Your thigh."
"What about-Oh. I didn't even remember until you pointed it out."
"So, it doesn't hurt?"
"Not much."
"Not much?"
"Well, it's a little sore but what else do you expect? I'm perfectly fine, Bella."
"Are you sure?"
"Positive."
"Alright."

"Mhm. Don't worry about me."
She nods. "Ok. Anything specific you want to do today?"
"Talk."
"About?"

"Anything. Everything."

"Mmm." She hums. "Shall we get breakfast first?"
"I'm not moving from this bed." I respond, cuddling further into her, but making sure we're still face to face. "And neither are you."

The woman laughs softly, a sound I will never get tired of. "Alright then, what shall I summon?"

"Pancakes."

"We would have to sit up for that."
I pause momentarily, thinking. "Bagel?"

"With what?"
"Cream cheese?" (I literally don't know any other toppings for bagels, I only get cream cheese so feel free to imagine they're eating something more creative-😭)

"You're going to have to let go of me for a second."

"No."
"I need to get my wand."
"Use your wandless magic skills."

"I prefer to use my wand."
"Too bad."
She rolls her eyes, but I don't miss the small smile that is tugging at her lips. "I think spending time with me has made you stubborn."
"Mm, I was always stubborn, just too afraid to be stubborn around you at first."
"Right." She replies, removing one hand from around my waist and just as I open my mouth to complain about her moving, she speaks up. "You wanted me to do wandless magic, correct? I can't do wandless magic without my hand."
"....True but you're putting your arm back once you're done."
Bella laughs. "Of course, love."

I smile and close my eyes, resting my head on her chest and waiting for her to figure out how to do wandless magic in this position. It takes a minute or two for her to get settled before I hear a faint pop.

"Ok darling, you're going to have to sit up."
"No."
"At least move away from me a little bit."
"No."

"Hermione."