25. Picnic

-The next morning, Hermione's perspective-

My eyes flicker open and I gaze lovingly at my girlfriend, smiling upon realizing she's still asleep. Our naked bodies are pressed against each other, and Bella's arm is thrown over my waist, holding me close to her. I give Bella a little kiss on the cheek and slowly remove her arm from around my waist. I'll come back, I just need some clothes, it's freezing here. I get up but I immediately wince in pain. My thighs ache as I try to walk and my waist feels sore from how many times Bella had cut around there. I eventually give up and sit down on the bed, facing the opposite direction of Bella, my feet dangling over the bed.

A low raspy chuckle comes from behind me and after a few seconds, her front is pressing against my back and she's bites at my earlobe softly. "Didn't I tell you that you'll be unable to walk?"

I roll my eyes slightly and press myself back against her, moving my head back so I'm resting it on her shoulder. "What if something happens today?" I whine. "What will I do then?"
"Mmm...We'll resolve that later. Right now it doesn't matter." She mumbles, her hands going to massage my shoulders while she kisses down my neck.

I smile and close my eyes, just relaxing as she continues, all the cramps in my shoulder leaving.

"Why did you try to leave the bed in the first place?" Bella mumbles against my neck, sending a few vibrations through me.
I let out a relieved sigh when the tension leaves my shoulders. "I was cold." I say lightly.
"You should've told me." She mumbles, summoning something and removing herself from me, putting the hoodie on me and then putting a long sleeved robe on herself.

"Thank you." I say lightly, smiling as she continues massaging my shoulder, moving to my neck a little as well. "How are you so good at relieving tension?" I ask, completely melting under her touch.
Bella laughs lightly. "Well as a child, my sisters constantly wanted back rubs, so I suppose practice makes perfect. Plus I normally have to relieve some tension in my neck and shoulder when I wake up from a nightmare."

I note the way she says sisters instead of sister, but I don't bring it up, knowing she won't talk about it. "Well you should teach me so I can help after nightmares."
"That's a nice offer, but you just laying with me already helps."
"Alright..." We sit there for a little, chatting and laughing, my stomach always filling with butterflies when she laughs. No matter how many times I hear that laugh, it will always be my favorite sound and I'll never get tired of it.

"Hey Bella?" I ask.
"Hm?"
"Do you think anyone's going to find out about us?"
"I doubt it, but even if they do, I really don't give a shit."
"So you don't care if they find out?"
"Nope, but I find it better to not make it obvious. Just make them believe we're friends for now."
"How come you don't like it to be obvious?"
"Because people here do anything to find weaknesses and I'm not letting them find out just how much I care for you. They may hurt you if they figure it out."
I nod. "Right...Do you do the same?"
"Hm?"
"Learn weaknesses?"
"Of course. Who doesn't?"
"I don't."
"Because you're too innocent."
I raise an eyebrow and turn to look at her. "Anyone who lives with you probably isn't innocent."

"...Ok you're not entirely wrong about that, but you're still more innocent than all the death eaters."
"Yeah, I agree with that part." I say, smiling.

"Mmm...I feel like a bath. Join me?"
"If you help me to the bathroom, yes."
Bella smirks and easily pulls me into her arms, standing up, and carrying me to the bathroom, bridal style.
"How come you're not stumbling?! This is unfair." I pout, making her smirk even wider.
"Because I'm not as sensitive as you are." She sits me on the bathroom counter before going and turning on the water.