17. Mission (Small smut warning)

-Bellatrix's perspective, the next morning-

I stay in the bed, lightly playing with Hermione's hair as I study the girl and think back to yesterday. I had kissed her without thinking and I had thought that she would push me away, but here we are, both completely naked, laying close to each other. I'm not mad about the events, nor sad, but it feels odd to like this girl. Don't get me wrong, I've had my eye on her for quite a while, but now, I see everything wrong with us being together. I'm so much older than her, I'm a killer, I have a terrible past, and a terrible future, and everything I do, gets me in danger. I don't think I'm safe for the girl in my arms. I'm not safe for anyone, to be honest, but she's worth protecting.

Hermione stirs awake and her body tenses at first, before she remembers what happened yesterday.
"Morning love."
She looks up at me and smiles, which makes me smile as well. "Good morning, Bella."
I smile slightly wider, my stomach dreadfully fluttering as I hear my nickname fall from her lips. "Sleep well?"
"Woke up a few times because I landed on my ass." She mumbles. "But besides that, yes."
I laugh lightly, kissing her head softly. "Sorry about that darling, maybe next time you'll listen."
"Mmm...We'll see."
"Aw what happened to that obedient little bookworm?" I tease, making her roll her eyes.

"Well she was so annoyed with Bellatrix Lestrange, that she became just a little more like her."
I smirk. "I doubt that."
"How come?"
"We are absolute opposites."
"Besides our love for books." She points out.

"Besides our love for books." I agree.

"Well fine then. She walked into your manor and changed."
"Very specific."
"Oh you come up with something if you're so clever!"
"Mmm...I believe that's your job."
"Well you could always help."
"Mmm...No thank you."
She pouts. "And why not?"
"Because it's your job, remember."
"Ok and?"
"And I'm too lazy."
"Really? I always thought of you having unlimited energy."
"In battle and fucking, yes, anything else, no."
Her face quite obviously heats up at the fucking part.

"Then again, you already know about the fucking energy." I tease further, making her go red.

"Bella!"
"What? It's true!"
She sighs in annoyance. "You're terrible."
"I know. Come on, let's get up."
"How do you get out of bed so easily? It takes me years."

"No idea." I untangle myself from her and get up, going to my closet and then to the bathroom. The whole way, I feel Hermione's eyes on me, making me smirk slightly. I walk into the bathroom and close the door, turning on the shower. "You can join me if you want." I call out, stepping into the shower. I doubt she will but who knows, perhaps she'll have another burst of confidence like yesterday.
I smirk at the thought, my mind once again wandering back to what happened as I begin rinsing myself off.
"Your hair really is a mess." I hear from behind me.
My smirk grows wider and I turn around. "I thought you wouldn't join."
"Same but I decided it would be nice incase I fall again." She playfully glares at me while saying the last few words, making me laugh softly.

"Fair point. Come on." I motion in front of me and she hesitates before walking in front of me. I grab my shampoo and slowly massage it into her hair.

"I'm sorry." She says suddenly.

"For what?"

"For everything I said yesterday..."
I scoff lightly, continuing to massage her scalp. "You weren't wrong about any of it, so there's no need to be sorry."
"I know but I also know that you didn't like what I said."
"It's alright, darling. I said some things too. I get mad sometimes and it pisses others off so I don't blame you for anything. Plus, it ended up with us having sex so all is forgiven." I reassure her, making her blush.