The truth comes out

Crystal POV:

"morning." Terra smiled at me as I walked into the main room.
"Morning." I smiled weakly, sitting on the couch.
"How'd you sleep?" 
"Uggh didn't sleep well actually. I went on a walk in the middle of the night."
"First nights are always the worst. I remember my first night here when dad was working...."
"Sorry Terra, not this morning, sorry. I'm just trying to keep calm about the whole first time learning how to use magic idea." I stated, putting my hand up.
"Sorry, your right. I don't need to bore you with my stories." 
"No, that wasn't what I meant...." I started.
"No, it's fine. I know I can be a bit boring at times...." Terra interrupted.
"Terra." I stated causing her to look at me, " Your not boring, your unique. I would love to listen to your stories but right now I'm trying to not freak-out of doing magic in front of the whole of our class." I sighed, looking down.
"Oh I totally get it, being a changeling isn't easy. I mean I wouldn't know but you haven't really had the amount of learning of control as those of us who have been in this world." Musa stated causing Terra and I to jump.
"I guess. I'm gonna go for a walk before class." I said before grabbing my bag and leaving quickly.

I sighed as I made my way through the halls before getting outside. I looked around before walking towards a gym like arena. Seeing a boy and girl fighting, I watched them before jumping as I felt a hand tap my shoulder. Turning my head I seen Riven behind me with a smug smile. I smiled before turning to him fully.

"Morning." I smiled.
"Hey, what you doing here?" He asked.
"Just going for a walk before first class of the year." 
"And you ended up here? Are you sure you aren't stalking me." He asked.
"Well I mean your the one who came to me so." I stated, pointing at him.
"Fair enough." Riven smiled causing me to smile back before turning at a new voice.

Sky POV:

"Silva, are you sure it's her?" I asked Silva, with a small bit of hope.
"Dowling is sure of it. But Sky, we haven't told her yet." He warned, pointing a finger at me.
I sighed and looked down.
"How come she doesn't remember?" I asked, a hint of sadness coming through.
"I don't know Sky, I really don't. All I know is that she is here. And we are one step to getting her back." He replied, rubbing a hand down his face.
I looked around with a small smile on my face.
"Listen Sky, I know that you probably want to tell her but don't ok. Dowling and I are going to speak with her soon. I'm hoping sometime today." He stated, looking down the hall. "Look I've got to go but don't tell anyone what I just told you. The last thing we need is for her to hear it from someone else." He replied before walking away.
"Yeah sure." I sighed before walking away towards the training area.

I looked towards the arena area as I walked out into the light. I frowned as I seen Riven talking to Crystal. Walking towards them I seen them smile at each other as they spoke.

"Well I mean your the one who came to me so." Selena stated.
"Fair enough." Riven nodded.

"Hey Riven, Crystal." I smiled, nodding at the girl.
"Hi Sky, right?" She asked for clarification.
"Yeah, it is." I nodded as Riven stepped back and rolled his eyes in annoyance.
"Sky, just give me a minute, yeah?" He asked.
"Actually I have to go. First class of semester, wouldn't be good to be late first time." She smiled, shrugging her bag higher up her shoulder.
"Well........."
"No it wouldn't." I agreed, elbowing Riven.
"I'll seya around."
"Yeah, seya around." Riven stated, watching her go.

"Really?" I asked, looking at my best friend.
"What, was just getting to know her." He defended himself.
"Really? And why would you do something that is so uncharacteristic of you?" I asked, putting my hands in my coat pocket as a feeling of protectiveness came over me.
"Look, she had a tough time for her first day so I thought it would be nice and check up on her." He shrugged.
"Uhuh, don't lead her astray. I mean it Riven." I warned him, poking his chest.
"I won't. Gezz, why are you acting so protective over her. You barely even know her." He stated as I stayed quiet. " Oh, is it because she reminds you of that Crystal girl."
"Shut up Riven." I sighed, hitting his stomach with the back of my hand.

Crystal POV:

I looked around in confusion, not knowing where to go. I caught sight of Bloom and the girls heading in the direction of a clearing so decided to follow them.

"Hey guys, what I miss?" I asked as I caught up with them, interrupting their conversation.
"Hey Crystal, not much. Stella went afire about her ring being lost. Where did you go?" Terra stated as I looped my arm with hers.
"Oh I just went for a walk to clear the mind. Get in the mindset for first day learning to control magic." I smiled.
"Well I'm happy your here." She smiled.
"Hey how was your first night here while your dad was working? You were going to tell me earlier." I smiled, remembering interrupting her before.
"Oh, I couldn't sleep. It was a new surrounding. All I could hear was my dad working late. I ended up sleeping with my brother that night. Stupid I know." Terra laughed.
"It's not stupid. I used to sometimes crawl into my sisters bed when I was younger too." I replied, causing us to both laugh as we reached the clearing.

I sat on a tree stump near Terra as the lesson began. I watched in awe as students began to go to the vessel and work their magic. I watched Bloom walk up to the vessel and struggle with her powers.  I looked at Aisha as she tried to help.

"If she's bad, I'm going to be worse." I muttered to Terra as Bloom told Miss Dowling to move on.
"I'm sure you'll be fine." Terra smiled as I was next.

I sighed and walked up to the vessel. Looking at Miss Dowling she nodded encouragingly at me. I rubbed my hands on my jeans before placing them on the vessel. I closed my eyes and opened to see nothing happening. Like Bloom I kept trying only for nothing to happen. I looked at Terra and she smiled softly at me as I sighed. As I tried again my vision went blurry causing me to shake my head. I blinked and took a step back, giving up. Miss Dowling watched me as I staggered a bit before suddenly my vision went black. The last thing I heard were gasps and Bloom calling my name before complete silence.