chapter fourteen | broken

Marinette's POV |

I was in my room on a call with Adrien, Nino and Alya. Laughing about random things. I then got a text from a random number and apparently they sent me a photo. I didn't say anything to Adrien and that. I opened the photo and I was shocked. Tears formed in my eyes.

It was a photo of Adrien and Lila kissing. I stared at the photo to see if it was real. I still didn't say anything to them but what I didn't know was that I was on FaceTime and they saw the tears in my eyes. I started crying then I hung up.

I throw my phone, I didn't care where it went. I stayed on my bed crying. I could hear my phone blowing up with messages and people trying to call me. I still didn't care, after crying some bit I feel asleep.

—————————————————

I woke up the next morning and it was school. I decided not to go and I felt sick anyway from crying myself to sleep.

I got off my bed and looked in the mirror. I eyes were still red and they were a bit puffy. Tears started forming in my eyes again.

'Why would he cheat on me? He promised he would never' I said over and over in my head.

I found my phone that I threw across the room yesterday. There was like a million messages from so many people. From Adrien, Nino, Alya, Chloe, Luka and many more people. I didn't care I just wanted to stay in my room and cry.

I decided to at least get dressed for the day and have a shower. I couldn't stop crying but I knew I should've dated him. He was a play boy anyway what did I expect.

I had my shower and I got dressed into my outfit. I just wore a simple outfit which is baggy clothes.

Her outfit:

Who was I mean't to impress anyway, it's not like I'm going out anyway

Then I heard my dad Tom yell, "Marinette can you go to the shop and quickly grab some milk?". "Sure!" I yelled back.

Oh no, I don't wanna go outside. It was raining anyway. I quickly brushed my wet hair, I put on light mascara and a bit of lipgloss.

I then ran downstairs and my dad handed me the money. I grabbed my coat and my umbrella and I ran out the door. It was after school time so everyone would be home by now. The time was 3:30 and school ends at 3.

My coats hood was on my head and I was looking at the ground. I turned the corner and I hit into someone, I took my hood off and it was Nino.

"Marinette?!" Nino asked me. "Oh hey," I said quietly. "Omg what happened to you, you've been ignoring everyone!" He said. "Yeah I know," I said quietly again. "Are you okay?" He said and hugged me. I hugged back and said, "no I'm not," I said into his chest. We broke the hug and then he said, "what happened?". "I'll tell you later, I have to get milk first," I said looking at the ground. "Do you mind if I hangout with you, everyone is busy right now," Nino said. "Yeah I guess if you want," I said.

We then walked and got the milk and we walked back to my house. I opened the door and let Nino inside. I walked into the kitchen and my parents were in there watching tv.

"Hey mum, hey dad. Do you might if Nino hangs with me for a bit?" I said. "Yeah of course, yous have fun!" They said.

I put the milk inside of the fridge and Nino and I walked upstairs and entered my room. We sat on my couch that's inside my room.

"So can I know what's wrong?" Nino said. "It's about Adrien," I said trying to hold my tears in. "Did he do something?" He said. "Mhm," I mumbled. "What happened?" He said. "He cheated on me!" I said and I bursted our into tears. "What?!" Nino yelled but still quiet that my parents couldn't hear. "He cheated on me with Lila. You know how we were on FaceTime last night. I received a message from a random number and it was a photo of Adrien and Lila kissing. I knew I should've dated Adrien, he's a play boy and he was just playing me," I said hugging him. "What he would never cheat on you, he's told me lots of amazing things about you. He said he literally wants to marry you and heaps more amazing stuff. I cannot believe it," Nino said.

I pulled out my phone and I showed him the photo. Nino stared at the photo, shocked at what he was seeing.

"What I cant believe it, why would he do that. He promised me he would never date Lila and he wouldn't even be her friend!" Nino said. "I don't know," I mumble. "Don't worry, I'm always here for you Marinette," he said and hugged me. "Thank you so much, you're a true friend," I said and hugged him back.

Nino stayed until it was dark outside. We took some photos together and we laughed for hours. Hanging out with Nino made me heaps happier and he was a great caring person. We decided to most a couple photos on our Instagram of us.

My Instagram:

Nino's Instagram:

Nino's Instagram:

We know we're going to get lots of messages from our friends about it but we didn't care