chapter four | paris festival

Marinette's POV |

It turned 5 o'clock and that's when the concert started. I saw basically everyone from school in the audience, even Chloe. Knowing that basically everyone at my school was here was more scary. Only Alya, Nino and Adrien knew I was preforming so it's going to be a big surprise for everyone.

The festival ;

I'm the 5th one preforming

I'm the 5th one preforming. Everyone that is singing tonight is amazing. I'm also the only 16 year old person here preforming. Everyone is around 20 or older so it's going to be nerve wracking.

While I was behind the stage I met some amazing people. Everyone was super nice to me, it made me comfortable.

I then saw the 4th person finished there song. I knew that mean't I was up next. I walked to the side of the stage no one saw me. They told me after I finish my song I can go in the crowd and hang with my friends.

"Today we have a new guest joining us, she's very brave to be singing tonight with us. Can you believe it she's only 16 years old. Tonight we're going to welcome Marinette Dupain-Cheng!!" Said the operator.

He walked off the stage and handed me the mic, "good luck out there!" He said. "Thank you!" I replied back.

I walked out onto the stage and I heard lots of cheers. I also heard people saying "go Marinette you got this!"

I got assigned to sing 'Before you Go - Lewis Capaldi'

The music started and I started singing.

"I fell by the wayside like everyone else
I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, but I was just kidding myself
Our every moment, I start to replace
'Cause now that they're gone, all I hear are the words that I needed to say
When you hurt under the surface
Like troubled water running cold
Well, time can heal, but this won't
So, before you go
Was there something I could've said to make your heart beat better?
If only I'd have known you had a storm to weather
So, before you go
Was there something I could've said to make it all stop hurting?
It kills me how your mind can make you feel so worthless
So, before you go
Was never the right time, whenever you called
Went little by little by little until there was nothing at all
Our every moment, I start to replay
But all I can think about is seeing that look on your face
When you hurt under the surface
Like troubled water running cold
Well, some can heal, but this won't
So, before you go
Was there something I could've said to make your heart beat better?
If only I'd have known you had a storm to weather
So, before you go
Was there something I could've said to make it all stop hurting?
It kills me how your mind can make you feel so worthless
So, before you go
Would we be better off by now
If I'd have let my walls come down?
Maybe, I guess we'll never know
You know, you know
Before you go
Was there something I could've said to make your heart beat better?
If only I'd have known you had a storm to weather
So, before you go
Was there something I could've said to make it all stop hurting?
It kills me how your mind can make you feel so worthless
So, before you go"

The music then stopped and I couldn't believe I actually sang that. Everyone in the audience started cheering, it was definitely louder then the others.

I walked off the stage and I walked to Alya and that. Alya gave me the biggest hug ever. "Your voice is amazing girl, I'm literally speechless!" She said. "Thank you," I said with a smile.

I looked at Adrien, he was drooling. He couldn't talk his eyes off of me. It got pretty uncomfortable but I got used to too.

Adrien's POV |

I'm speechless, Marinette sounded amazing. I wanted her, I needed her, when is she going to be mine?, is she ever going to be mine?

I couldn't take it no more, I wanted her even more then when I first met her.

She noticed I was speechless, I wanted to say something for nothing would come out. This girl is talented as hell.

I got an idea, I was going to make her jealous. Hopefully after this she won't hate me. I walked up to a random girl, she wasn't that pretty but it will do.

I told Alya and Nino what I was doing so they knew about it and weren't confused.

I kissed her right then and now. Everyone that was around us just stared at us. After I let go, the girl was blushing bright red.

I look over at Marinette, she looked shocked. I understood why she was though. I couldn't help but laugh. She just stood there frozen like a statue.

Marinette's POV |

I was shocked when I saw that Adrien just kissed a random girl. If I have to be honest I felt a little bit jealous, I didn't know why though. I don't like Adrien that way but seeing him kiss another girl just breaks me heart.

I tried to play it off and laugh after but it didn't work as well.

————————————

The Paris festival was over and I was kinda upset about it. It was so much fun. Alya, Nino, Adrien and I walked to my house. I had to try forget about that kiss that Adrien did to that girl. After I thought about it a couple of times, it didn't bother me anymore.

It was getting chilly outside from the cold air. The concert ended at 9 o'clock and we decided to walk home. Adrien noticed I was shaking from the coldness. He slowed down so he was behind me, he took his jacket of and put it on my back. When he did that he put his hands around my waist and hugged me.

"Are you sure you're alright giving me your jacket?" I asked concerned. "Of course, I insist!" He said. "Thanks I guess," I said.

Then I started thinking something, when Adrien hugged me from behind I felt different. A weird feeling came over me, I don't know what it was. I'm thinking off asking Alya when us two are alone at my house.

But all I wanted to know was, 'why did I get a weird feeling from that hug?'