Surprise Visit

A/N:
Uh some how people already this? What😀

YOUR POV:

I sat up against the wall with my knees up as my laptop balanced on them. My fingers tapped against the keyboard as I tended to some work. My phone rang as I checked to see that it was Dazai. I sigh and picked it up:

What did you do this time?

Rude of you to assume I did something...but since you're here,mind helping me out?

With?

I'm kinda stuck...If you don't hurry I might just die!

You were the one who did it. Anyways,today's my day off! I'm not doing anything. Now goodbye.

I had taken off work today because I had a lot of work to catch up on. I know that me missing today would add to the pile,but I was ready for it. Being alone is the only way I can focus on my work load. It's hard to focus when Kunikida is yelling every five seconds or when Dazai is purposely bothering you.

I sighed and looked at the clock in the corner of my lap. "It's only 11:30? It seems so much earlier." I complain to myself as I let out a yawn and continue to type away.

"Maybe I'll see if Mai wants to get lunch with me today. If she's not at school of course." I picked up my phone and began to text her:

Me:
Are you free during lunch?

Mai:
Yep
What's up?
Ranpo issues?

I could feel the smirk on her face.

Me:
STFU
NO
I wanted to see if you wanted to grab lunch with me?
Maybe around 12:30?

Mai:
Sweet!
Where?

Me:
*insert restaurant*?

Mai:
Sounds great:)
See ya!

That's when there was knock on the door. I stood up and walked over to see Ranpo on the other side. "Come to worrrk!" He groans"I miss you! It's no fun there!" I sweat drop"Ranpo,you should be at work." I tell him"you should to." He fires back"why do you get to stay home all day?" He crosses his arms"it's not fair." I roll my eyes"I am doing work. Wait,did you just get up and leave?" He nods"nobody knows where you're at?" He nods his head"I don't see what the problem is."

"Ranpo,sweetie,I love you but do you not see the problem with that?" He shakes his head and pushes pass me,entering my house. "Hey! I didn't invite you in!" He walks over to my cabinets after taking his shoes off,and pulls out a thing of strawberry pocky.

"Don't eat my pocky!" I yell shutting the door with my foot. Ranpo was my best friend at the agency,I'm not sure why we clicked so well. Perhaps it was because we were both childish? Or our love for sweets? I'm not sure. The first time I went on a mission with him,he was not thrilled. But eventually he warmed up to me...obviously.

Ranpo was taller than me,but not by much. He had straight black hair,that was usually hidden under his brown hat. Pale skin and bright green eyes,though they only showed themselves whenever.

"So what are you doing?" Ranpo asks chewing on a pocky stick while he sits down where my laptop was on the floor. He places his free hand on the mouse and scrolls up and begins to read the report to himself. "Why can't you do this at work?" He hums,looking up at me. "Because Dazai and the others are painfully loud and annoying." I say sitting next to him as I grab my laptop. "Am I part of the 'others'?" I shake my head"you're fine." He stares at me before smiling brightly"yay!" He cheers as he bites another pocky stick.

"Did you get Dazai's phone call?" I hum"yep." He answers as he offers me a pocky. I gladly take one and nibble on it. "Oh Ranpo,you should probably tell one of them you're with me or that you're safe. They might think you got kidnapped or something." He smirks"because I,the best detective in the world would be kidnapped?" I shrug"just saying...I don't think your ability can get you out of every situation."

"And you think that why?" He questions. "Well,I mean...Ranpo you don't know how to defend yourself. One day,you'll be without your glasses and defenseless. I just know it." He smiles once more and turns to me"why would I need to know how to defend myself if you're always with me?" I feel my cheeks burn"n-no stop. Really!" I stutter out"the others would be there as well. So I'm not worried. You-"he places his index finger on my nose for a moment before removing it"need to stop worrying so much."

I save my progress on the laptop before shutting it down and standing up. "Ranpo,you should get going. I don't want the others to worry." He frowns"nooo! I don't wanna!" He groans grabbing onto my arm"when I go back there,I'll be alone again!"

"You have Dazai and the others.They should keep you occupied. Besides,you might have a job." I suggest"I didn't have one then,I definitely won't have one now." I glance at him"and how do you know that?" He shrugs"I don't."

I sigh and wiggle out of his grip. "Listen,I got plans at *insert restaurant* at 12:30." His eyes opened to reveal his emerald color eyes"with who?" I turn on my heel and make my way towards my closet. "Mai." I tell him as he follows behind me. "I can go!" I shake my head"nope."

"Aw,why not?"

I grab a pair of black jeans,a hoodie and a shirt. "Because it's a girls thing." I tell him as he sighs. "Fine. I won't go-" He crosses his arms"but I'm not happy about it." I turn to him"I'll get you some more of those strawberry shortcakes~." I offer as he stays quiet for a moment,obviously thinking it over. "Deal!" I smile"now,head back to the agency." I say shoving him out of my house. "Yes,yes." He waves goodbye as I shut the door behind him.

Time skip

"What?! He wanted to come?! Why didn't you agree?!" Mai screams at me"Mai,keep it down!" I usher her as I sigh. "I didn't want him coming because this lunch is between us." She rolls her eyes"Ranpo would've made nice company." I cross my arms"yes that is true. But the whole desert menu would've been ordered. And I don't think either of us have the money for that." She giggles with a nod.

"How has school been? Have you asked out that girl you liked?" She blushes and shakes her head"of course not! My school doesn't even aloud dating!"

"Wait,how were you able to get off campus?"

Silence.

"Mai? What did you do?"

She nervously laughed. "I-I kinda skipped today." My eyes widened"why did you do that?!" She leans back in her chair"I didn't wanna go. That's all."

"What about your grandparents?Do they know?" She shakes her head"no. They can't keep up with the times,they don't really bother with my education."

"But I bother about your education!"

She smirks"weren't you the same one who skipped like a month of school and blamed it on your cat?" I felt my cheeks burn"we're not talking about me! We're taking about you!"