Chatting With Yato

YOUR POV:

Waking up to the sound of creaking floors had woken me up. I rubbed my eyes and sat up to see Mai fixing her school uniform. My eyes trailed to her window which let in some sunlight. Mai spun around on her heel,stumbling back when she saw me awake. "Geez don't scare me like that!" She exclaims"you could've killed me!" I wave before laying back down and grabbing my phone.

8:15am

12 missed calls from Kunikida

30+ texts from GC

15 texts from Kunikida

"Geez,can't he just leave me alone." I yawn as Mai hums"one of my coworkers is bothering me is all." I say opening my phone and dismissing all the voicemails for the blonde.

Kunikida:
You all were up at 2am?
What is wrong with you all?!

Atsushi:
Good morning Kunikida

I scrolled.

Kunikida:
Y/N! YOU JUST RETURNED TO WORK AND NOW YOU ARE LEAVING ONCE MORE?!

Dazai:
Geez I'm trying to sleep

Kunikida:
DAZAI DONT YOU DARE GO TO SLEEP WHEN YOU PILES OF WORK TO DO!

Ranpo:
You people are loud

Kunikida:
I AM NOT LOUD!

Ranpo:
I can practically feel you from across the room

I shake my head and close out of the gc and see that all of Kunikida's messages were just him screaming at me. I roll my eyes and notice that Mai had left the room. My brows furrowed"Mai?" I hum as I stand up letting out a yawn. I go over to her door which leads to the hallway and peak out of it. "Mai?" The floor creaks as I hide behind the wall of Mai's room,hoping to be out of sight. I held my breath as the creaking got louder. "Y/N?" Mai calls out as I sigh and show myself,scaring her in the process. "Stop scaring me!" She yells as she hits my arm. "Anyway,I brought you some clothes."

She hands me a white long sleeved shirt,a pastel pink and blue cardigan with flowers imprinted on it and some blue jeans. "I see we're going for a pastel old look today." I say taking the clothes. "Take back what you said! They're my clothes anyway." My eyes widen for a moment before I smirk. "Wow,who knew you dressed like an old person?" She flips me off and walks past me grabbing her school bag and phone. "I'll be going to school now." She tells me"make yourself at home,just make sure my grandparents don't spot you." I nod as she walks out of her bedroom,the door shutting behind her.

I set the clothes on her bed as I sit beside them. "What a strange girl." I say before drifting back off to sleep.

Time skip

The birds chirped as I made my way towards Mai's school. Her grandparents lived in a small town,about 20 minutes away from Yokohama. The streets were almost empty besides from a few students who were going home for the day. I pulled out my earbuds and began to listen to my music.

I finally reached the school gates and stood outside waiting for her school to release for the day. Finally the bell went off as students rushed out.

I took my earbuds out and waited to see Yato,yea that's why I came here. It was so weird to be back in a high school setting,even if it was just outside the school boundaries. That's when a boy matching Yato's description came out of the school.

I quickly went over to him. "Excuse me? Are you Yato Kizume?" He turned to me,his brown eyes glaring at me. "Yea,and who the h*ll are you?" He growls"my name is Y/N,I wanted to talk to you." He begins to walk away from me. "Hey! I'm talking to you!" He continued to walk away anyway. He eventually came to an abrupt stop and turned around to face me. "I have no idea who the h*ll you are,but you're annoying the h*ll out of me."

"If you'd let me explain." I growl as he nods,his arms crossed. "Thank you. It's about a girl named Mai Okoyama." He lifts a brow"what about her?"

"I found out that you threatened her,why is that?" He drops his brow and goes emotionless for a moment before finally smirking. "Oh,you're with her? Heh,I was joking." He say turning around and walking away. "Why the h*ll would you joke about such thing?" I continued"I don't have to tell you anything else."

"Yea,but as your senpai,you should. Plus,I'm apart of the Armed Detective Agency,so unless you want me to f*ck you up-"I gave him a smirk"I suppose you should tell me." He looks to me"ok? And? What am I supposed to be? Scared? You agency people are all so stupid and boring." I took a deep breath in feeling myself getting irritated by this kid. I finally grabbed his wrist pulling him towards me.

"You got 5 seconds to tell me,or else." I glare at him as his eyes widen. "Y-You aren't joking around." I shake my head"I'm not. Now,talk." He nods"fine! I-I wanted her to like me,so I thought threatening her would make her like me." He chokes out as I let go of his arm and nod. "Thank you. Now,leave her alone and apologize to her." He scoffs and begins to walk off"you're not my mom. Sure you might be my senpai,but I don't really care."

I roll my eyes and check the time to see it was around 3:30pm. "Guess I should head back to Mai's house."

Small time skip

"Where were you?!" Mai yells at me as I sit down on her bed. "I was out. Did you really think I would stay here all day?" She blushes and shakes her head. "N-No,but-where'd you go?" She asks me"oh I went out and looked around. I've never been in this town before." Mai nods and shrugs off her jacket and sets it on her desk.

"So,how'd it go with Yato?" She looks to me"oh,well..."she trails off"I told him that I didn't feel the same." I nod"so,I kinda went and talked to Yato." I say making her blue eyes go wide. "YOU DID WHAT?!" She rushes to me"what did you do?! What did you say?!" I pat her head"calm down. He said he was joking and he'd pretty much leave you alone." A smile comes to her face"woah,really?!" I nod as she hugs me tightly. "That's great! Thank you so much!"

A light knock was heard at the door. Mai pulled away from me and we looked to the door to see Mai's grandmother opening the door. "Mai,honey,please be quiet. It's hard to hear the television." Mai apologized as the older woman moved her head to see me. "Oh,hello there." I wave towards her. "A friend of yours Mai?" The black haired girl nods"yes,this is Y/N." I stand up and walk over to them. "Nice to meet you." She nods with a smile"likewise." She looks to Mai"she seems a lot older than you."

Mai nods"y-yea she is actually."

"I work at the Armed Detective Agency." I tell her"really?" I nod"shouldn't you be at work?" I nod"but I had taken the day off. I'll be returning in 2 days." Mai's grandmother nods"would you like to stay for dinner?" I nod"sure."