Teacher's Pet

A/N:
Yea the inspiration for the chapter was Melanie Martinez's "Teacher's Pet"

YOUR POV:

I sat on the train across from Ranpo,we currently were on the way to investigate a new murder which piqued the boys interest. "Ranpo,can you tell me what the case is?" He shakes his head"that takes away from the surprise!" He pouts"but how am I supposed help you if I don't-"Ranpo then speaks up"you're there for moral support. Nothing more." I stared blankly at the boy across from me. "So I'm there to be useless?" He nods"well..."he trails off thinking it over. "You know how to use the train! Therefore,I need you around." I cross my arms"so,that's all I'm good for?"

"No!" He exclaims"you also know how to defend yourself. My ability doesn't allow me to defend myself,unlike your 'Cinnamon' you can knock someone out in a heartbeat." He admits"great,so I'm your bodyguard." Ranpo nods with a smile"yep!" I sigh and look out to the window at the scenery flashing by us. "That hurts." I mutter under my breath so that he couldn't hear. Finally a sigh emits from the black haired male"finnne! I'll tell you." His eyes open to reveal his bright green eyes"we're heading to a high school. Apparently a girl was murdered there." My eyes widen"for real?" He nods his eyes closing again. "Do you have the case?" He shakes his head"it's at the agency. A great detective such as myself doesn't need to carry around such a stupid thing." I sweat drop and nod"o-of course."

Small time skip

The school was surrounded by the police and teachers. "Geez there's a lot of people here." Just by seeing the outside there were a good number of cops just hanging around. "I'm sorry,but you're going to have to leave school grounds." A woman wearing a police uniform says to us"actually we're here to investigate the situation." Her eyes widen"you two are the detectives?" We nod in unison. "My apologies. Please follow me inside." We nod and walk inside the school. The halls were eerily quiet. The shoe lockers were shut up with shoes,yet it seemed abandoned. "I'll take you to where it happened." We follow her up to the second floor. The smell of blood was faint through the hall,the closet we got though the more it reeked. "Her she is."

Upon entering the class room the smell of blood swifts through the air making me gag. A faint trail of dried blood was leading into a storage closest in the back of the classroom. A body shaped blanket was laid on the floor in front of it. A pile of clothes were stuffed into the opened storage closet. Ranpo walked over to the body and removed the blanket,a faint hue tint overcame his cheeks as I noticed the lady who had been murdered was nude. I felt my cheeks burn as I turned the other way. "How sad." Ranpo hums covering the body back up. "I apologize for my actions I displayed earlier." The girl says behind us. "Oh no,it's fine." I say"this happens all the time." I say going over to her.

"Hey,what's your name?" Ranpo asks,him now facing us. "Kyoko Kambe." Ranpo nods"I'm Ranpo Edogawa,the greatest detective in the world! And that is Y/N L/N!" Kambe seemed taken back by Ranpo's child like behavior. "I-I'm sorry." She stutters out. "For what?" Ranpo hums"o-oh nothing." She quickly says changing the subject. "So,will you be able to figure out what happened?" Ranpo nods"yep. Shouldn't take long." He says resting his hands on his hips. "Actually,N/N. Do you want to solve this case?" My eyes widen"huh?" He nods"well I mean earlier you seemed pretty upset on the train." Ranpo then walks over to me and places a hand on my shoulder,a smile on his face. "I know you can do it."

"Thanks but no thanks." Ranpo frowns and crosses his arms. "I was only trying to be nice. Don't say I didn't offer!" He pouts"yes,yes. Now please get on with it. The smell is getting to me." Ranpo nods"of course!" He pulls out his glasses and places them on his face. "Ability: 'Ultra Deduction'!"

Ranpo stood there for a moment in pure silence.

"I know who killed Megume Saiyama." He finally speaks up"it was a teacher,the one who works in this classroom in fact." Ranpo turns to us"so what happened?" Kambe asks. "Saiyama was told to meet her teacher in his classroom after school. Saiyama and him seemed to be in a romantic relationship. They both did things to each other and then that's when the teacher had a realization for what he was doing. He slit her throat with a pair of scissors and stuffed her body into the closet. The next day,his students complained of a fowl smell,he only told them that the air was broken. But upon discovery,a student had found her body. That all happened earlier today if I am correct."