Murder Down By The River

A/N:
My cat won't stop staring at me

YOUR POV:

The sun shown brightly as we made our way down the stairs that lead to the river. "You're late detective." I looked to see two men,one was older with black hair and the other was younger with brown hair. Atsushi and I followed the black haired male. "Who're you? Where's Yasui?" Ranpo hums"I'm Minoura,Yasui's replacement. My department will be taking care of this from now on. You can go home." Minoura snaps as Ranpo rests his hands on his hips. "How foolish. Isn't it a given that any difficult case needs to be solved by the worlds greatest detective?"

"We don't need you today detective. Because the victim is my subordinate." Minoura removes the sheet over top of the body. Underneath was girl girl,roughly in her twenties. She was slightly wet and had a bullet wound in her chest. I bit my lip and looked away. I was never one good with blood or dead things,but I always had to suck it up when I went on jobs.

"A lady..."Ranpo trails off removing his hat. "She was found floating in the river this morning. She was shot three times in the chest. We don't know where or when she was killed. We haven't even found the bullets." The brown haired man says.

"Any suspects?" I hum"no. As far as anyone at the office knew,she wasn't in a relationship." Minoura states"so that means you have no leads?" Ranpo smirks placing his hat back on as the older man sent a glare towards us. "We can't let some amateur private eye handle this."

"Hey! We caught something!"

"What's that?" Atsushi hums looking over at the river. "We've strung a net across the river to catch any evidence,but..."the brown haired male trails off.

"It's a body!"

"What?!"

"Could there have been two victims?!" Atsushi exclaims as we rush over to the other cops. The machine slowly pulls out of the water to reveal Dazai. I slowly shake my head in disappointment as Dazai waves"hello Atsushi. Nice seeing you here."

"A-Another drowning attempt?" Atsushi groans. "Committing suicide alone? That's so passé! I have come to realize,that if I am going to die,it'll be with a beautiful lady! Ah double suicide~. In comparison,it feels so empty to bid this world farewell all by my lonesome. So,I'm currently on the lookout for a beautiful woman who'll die with me!" Atsushi still confused asked what he was doing. "I was simply drifting along the river. Also,what are you doing here Atsushi?"

"I'm on a job."

"A job?"

Dazai got down not much later as we showed him the body. "W-What a tragedy! A beautiful young woman in her prime has lost her life. The sorrow is crushing my heart! She may as well have committed double suicide with me!" Dazai dramatics cries.

"Who the h*ll is that?" Minoura asks watching Dazai's antics. "One of our coworkers." I answer"he's always like that."

"May you rest in peace my lady! An extraordinary great detective will avenge you! Right Ranpo?" The brunette asks glancing at us behind him. "I have yet to do the job itself."

"What? Why?"

"Ask him." Ranpo points to the older male"we have no need for private investigators." I was started to get annoyed by Minoura. "Hey,what's your name?" Ranpo hums pointing to the other guy. "I-I'm Sargent Sugimoto. The victim,Ms.Yamagiwa was my senior colleague." Ranpo smiles and rest his hand on the man's shoulder"ok. Solve this case in 60 seconds!"

"WHAT?!"

"I can solve this case in under a minute. If you're as good as he says you are,you should be able to do the same." Ranpo says referring to Minoura. I can't even do that...