Sweet Store

A/N:
Thx for 100+ reads!!

YOUR POV:

Atsushi was found and had brought back a girl around her early teen years. Currently I was out with Ranpo making sure he returned to the agency. Ranpo shopped around the store looking for things for Kyoka to try,she was the girl Atsushi brought back. She had pale skin,long black hair put into two twin tails and blue eyes. "What flavor pocky should I get?" Ranpo asks me whilst staring that the boxes of the pocky. "Personal I like *insert flavor*. But you use your judgement." Ranpo nods and hums softly to himself before deciding on the strawberry flavor. He places the box in the cart and continues down the candy isle. "Oh I wonder if she likes Kit Kat bars." I shrug"she might. Though,if she was apart of the Port Mafia I bet she never got much candy,sweets in general."

Ranpo placed a hand over his heart. "Oh the irony! Such defeat! How could anyone live without sugar?!" I nod"I know right! Sweets are just the best." Ranpo picks up a bag of strawberry milk Kit Kat's and placed them into his cart. (I'm actually having to look up Japanese candies and I want to try all of it)

Ranpo picked out a few ramune's for her to try. Yogurt(the only 1 I've ever had lol),pineapple,strawberry and raspberry were now sitting in his cart. Throughout the entire trip Ranpo held a childish smile.

I liked his smile.

"N/N,do you want anything?" I shake my head"I'm fine. You have a lot in there anyways." I say referring to his shopping cart. I knew this trip was meant for Kyoka but it seemed more like it was for Ranpo...which is true.

"We should head on back Ranpo." I tell him as he nods"ok!" We head towards the check out. The store wasn't full,there were only two people in line before us. "I have so many new sweets now." Ranpo smiles"but I thought they were for Kyoka?" I question"they are,don't get me wrong! I'm quite excited to see her reaction to some of these. But,a lot of these are for me to." He says with is tongue sticking out slightly. "Do you think they've done anything to Kyoka?" I wonder aloud"I'm sure she's fine. Besides,Kunikida is there. He won't let them have any fun."

"Kunikida's fun." I argue as Ranpo turns to me,his hands on a hips with a smirk. "Ok,then name one time he was fun." Ranpo knew I didn't have an answer for this. I loved Kunikida to death but that man was such a killjoy at times. "Tik tok!" I sigh"fine,you got me. He's no fun." Ranpo smirks"I didn't even need to use my 'Ultra Deduction' to know that." I roll my eyes and pull out my phone to go through Instagram.

"Next!"

When I lift my head to push the cart forward I noticed Ranpo missing. My head darts around the area,looking for the childish man. "Ranpo?" I hum scanning the area. "Sh*t,don't tell me I lost him." I mutter under my breath. "N/N! N/N! Lookie!" I watched as Ranpo rushed up to me,a giant dinosaur plush in his hands. The dinosaur was different shades of green and had black beady eyes,soft pink ovals rested on his cheeks,resembling blush. "I'm getting him." Ranpo says"but you already have so much to pay for..."he nods"true...but I saw him and he said 'buy me' and he was all alone by himself,which means that his friends were already bought. I can't just leave him alone!" (I head cannon that he probably has a stuffed animal collection)

I blinked a few times trying to grasp Ranpo's statement. "Ok." I spit out"you're carrying him back to the agency though." He nods"I know!"

"Next!"

I sat our items onto the caver belt. "I've been over hearing you two,and you both seem like such interesting people." The cashier says"oh?" They nod"you two must be together,right?" My cheeks burn as I freeze. "Uh..."I trail off. For once,my mind had drawn a blank. Nobody has ever said anything about our relationship,besides Mai of course. "I'm sorry to disappoint,but we are not a couple." Ranpo speaks up making them blush with embarrassment. "Oh no! You're not! My bad!" They quickly bagged the items clearly embarrassed. We paid and left the store heading back towards the agency.

Small time skip

"We're back~!" Ranpo yells as he slams open the agency door. There stood Kyoka wearing a maid uniform(for some reason),Atsushi,Tanizaki and his sister. Though out of all of them,Atsushi seemed the most confused. "Because Ranpo is actually the most excited out of all of us." Tanizaki told Atsushi as Ranpo went on about the candies he bought for Kyoka.

"Come to think of it,why is she at the detective agency?" Atsushi perks up. "I summoned her here." The Director informs"sir,that's the girl I reported about yesterday." Kunikida says"what's the status of the military police and the city police?" Director asks,his eyes on the blonde. "They split into several teams to investigate. But her identity is still safe to the Mafia's discretion." Kunikida answers pushing his glasses up. "It's only a matter of time before her name becomes officially on the wanted list." The Director turns to Kyoka"it would be different if I was your guardian though."

Kyoka walks over to the Director. "Please allow me to stay here. I'll do anything."

"Don't even think about it." Kunikida growls"it's not that your an ex-Mafia member. Just give it up. The world is not so tender."

"He's right. The Mafia will find you sooner or later if you stay here. Why don't you hide some where far away?" Atsushi suggests as Kyoka stutters out. "H-He said I can't do anything b-but kill." Her expression then changes from sorrow to determination. "I want to prove him wrong." The Director stayed silent before finally agreeing to hire her. "Atsushi,I'm leaving her to you." He adds,slamming his office door shut. "Sweet,Kyoka gets to stay!" I exclaim clapping my hands together as the door opens to reveal Minoura and a police woman.

"Sorry to intrude!" The lady yells. "The documents we promised have arrived." Minoura says"oh thank you!" Kenji smiles"heyyy,aren't you that Minoura who arrested his subordinate?" Ranpo recalls as he groans. "Today we're looking for something else Mr.famous detective. We have a request." Minoura's eyes then land on Kyoka. "Is this little girl an employee? Actually she looks like the girl on the warrant arrest. Something about an orphan turning into a ruthless killer. So,where are your parents young lady? Do you have any identification documents?"

Silence.

"Hello?"

"TH-THIS GIRL HERE-"Atsushi starts"IT'S A LONG STORY!" The young boy lies as the Director stepped in with a much more believable lie. "She is my granddaughter."

"Oh,my apologies!"