Book Stores

A/N:
I am actually going to km from boredom and it's not even 11am yet

YOUR POV:

I sat in the meeting room with Dazai and Ranpo. Ranpo had his feet kicked up on the table lazily drinking his drink while Dazai and I sat there coming up with a strategy of what to do. "This is some impressive intel." Dazai says"it's valuable." Ranpo pulls his drink away from him"use it however you like. I don't care." The black haired male hums"Ranpo,you gotta care a little." I usher. Sometimes it felt like I was more of Ranpo's mom or even caretaker rather than his 'best friend'(his words not mine). "If we are to deal a fatal blow to the Guild with this,should we infiltrate their base and set a bomb?" Ranpo throws his head back"that won't work. The plan will most likely fail if the attack depends on telecom."

"You're right." Dazai agrees picking up a paper"how about we leave it to Kenji after the special department storms the place?" Ranpo denies"if we take it to land,the battle will drag on and we'll all suffer." I then speak up"plus,it would feel like we're invading outsiders territory. Like ordinary people." Dazai nods"so it really has to be Atsushi,huh?"

"Seems so."

"Yep. Well it doesn't hurt to use 'Light Snow' either." Ranpo states reaching for a donut as Dazai folds one of the papers into a paper airplane. "True. And the method for infiltration?" A click was heard at the door,my eyes trail to see Atsushi standing there. "That's up to the special department." Ranpo says taking a bite of his donut"I'll take care of it right away then." Dazai says throwing the paper plane"in the end the mountain?" Ranpo shakes his head"ocean." Dazai stands up with a 'got it' while Atsushi stands there confused.

Time skip

I sat on the floor of the book store,my back against the wall as a stack of manga's surrounded me. I knew that I probably should be up at the Moby Dick helping but considering I would be quite useless,it's probably a good thing I didn't. My eyes scanned the words and the pictures. I was currently reading *insert manga*,I had started it last night it was really good. Reading manga was almost like a guilty pleasure of mine I guess. I did it in secret. I didn't want people to know I was weeb,I mean they'd probably think I'm weird!...ok well everyone I work with is weird so it's not that big of a deal.

"Excuse me?" I looked up to see a male with pale skin,fluffy red hair and green eyes. "Yes?" I asked"you've been here for a quite a while. We're going to have to ask that you leave. You're loitering." My eyes widened"am not!" I argue"I'm simply reading! How is that loitering?!" He crosses his arms"if you aren't going to buy a book I'll have to ask you to leave. You've been here since early morning,it's almost evening time." Oh sh*t,it is?

"And?" I growl"what's the problem with this? This is the only time I have off work." He shrugs"not my problem. Please buy a book or leave. Besides,you've taken up 2 manga series! Every single book!" I looked down to the piles and shrugged"not my fault they're good." He sighs and pulls out a walkie talkie"yea I have a girl who-"I stand up"fine! I'll leave. Just know you're loosing a valuable costumer though." He nods"sure. Whatever."

I quickly grab the books and slide them back into their places on the shelves. I walk out of the store and am greeted by the sunlight. "Did he lie to me? It doesn't even look close to evening." I pulled out my phone and sure enough it was only noon time. My eyes narrowed as I gripped my phone harshly. "This mother f*cker." I growled. "I knew I'd find you here!" I turn to see Ranpo,a smile was on his face. "Oh,you don't look well. What happened?" He questions"nothing." I say through my teeth"I am peachy! Just f*cking dandy." Ranpo sweat drops at my behavior. "Did you get kicked out?" He infers"how'd you know?" Ranpo places a finger over his mouth"a great detective doesn't give away their secrets."

"Shut the f*ck up you Kokichi kinnie."

"Who's 'Kokichi'?" Ranpo tilts his head like a dog. "N-Nothing." Ranpo places a hand on his chin"did you get kicked out because you were loitering?" I turn to him,sending him a cold glare. "Taking that as a yes." He then sighs"I don't understand why you come here in secret." He says"everyone knows you're a weeb." My eyes widen"th-they do?" He nods"yep. Everyone knows you have *insert waifu/husbando* as your back drop on the computer." I feel my cheeks burn with embarrassment. "A-Are you sure th-that everyone knows?"

Ranpo shakes his head"I know. I bet Dazai knows. I mean,Dazai practically knows everything." I cross my arms"so do you." He nods as I kick my shoe into the concrete a few times. It was obvious I was embarrassed about my secret being out there,I guess I didn't do a good job at hiding it. "Wanna go make sugar rush drinks?"

"Huh?" I hum turning to him. "Yep. I can't remember the exact name of it. But I saw someone take a monster flavor and fill it with sugary and soury things." He explains"battery acid you mean?" He snaps his fingers"that!"

"Perhaps when everything calms down." I tell him"then it's a date!" I felt my cheeks burn,I knew what he meant by 'it's a date' but I couldn't help but think of him referring to something much deeper. "S-Sure. So do you have any information on how things are going at the Moby Dick?" He shakes his head"nope." He says popping his 'P' like a child. "I bet it's going good though. I mean,it's Dazai and Atsushi." Ranpo reassures"but isn't Atsushi the one actually fighting?" He nods"yea but Dazai's telling him what to do. They're almost like a power couple."

I busted out into laughter"what the h*ll is wrong with you?!" Ranpo puffs his cheeks out"what?" I shake my head"nothing. Nothing. I'm fine. Everything is fine."

Imagine them together...that'd be...actually kinda cute? They'd be the chaotic neutral duo.