Drowning Lessons

A/N:
Thank you for over 500 reads!!
Bonus points if you know the title reference

YOUR POV:

:flashback:

The kids laughed above me,their laughter echoing down the hall. "What a crybaby! You can't even take a single joke!" One laughed as I softly cried below them. Ever since I moved in with my grandmothers I've been bullied at my school. They hate me because I am different from them. "B-But it wasn't a joke..."I trail off as I feel pain erupt from my gut. My body leans to the left side as I wrap my hand around my stomach.

"You're a disgrace!"

"This is why your parents abandoned you!"

"This is why they fought!"

"You're the reason they left you!"

The kids continued on as I cried. One of them grabbed my hair and brought me closer to them as I gasped in pain. "You'd be better of dead. You should just go kill yourself."

"The world would be better off without you."

"Nobody loves you."

"The world doesn't need freaks like you."

"Hey! You should all be gone from the school! School is over." A teacher says marching towards us. "What is happening here?" They growled"nothing! We were having a chat with her about who was doing this to them." One answers"I see...but please do leave. You'll be late going home." The teacher walks off as the others turned to me. "Think about killing yourself." One whispered as they walked off.

I picked myself up and walked out of school,the sun was setting slowly casting a golden hue over everything. My feet shuffled against the ground as I walked down the street. My head was swirled with suicide and other things. 'Kill yourself,nobody loves you. They're right,you'd do the world a good thing by offing yourself.' They screamed in my head.

"Why do I have to be different? I never asked to be born this way..."I muttered under my breath as tears slip down my cheeks. I saw the bridge I always crossed,for once it looked quite beautiful and peaceful. I've never thought about ending my own life before,but I now see why people want to. This world is h*ll. There is no saving it. I walked over and slipped my shoes and bag off setting them on the ground,I hopped up onto the guard rail and stepped in front of it,my hands tightly holding the railing. The wind gently blew as I shut my eyes and tore my hand away from the rail.

Suddenly,warmth wrapped around my hand. My eyes opened in shock as I looked above me to see a boy with black hair,his eyes were bright green and wide with shock. "Hey! Let go of me!" I yell at him"n-no!" He struggles to pull me up,but eventually does. We sat on the bridge facing each other. "What the h*ll dude?!" I yell"why'd you save me?!"

"Because you were fixing to kill yourself! You shouldn't do that!" He argues"and why is that?! Do you know how much sh*t I've gone through? I throughly want to go through with this!" He shakes his head"there are people who don't want you to kill yourself!" I shake my head"no there aren't! My life sucks and everyone wants me dead!" I stand up"you don't understand! I'm different than everyone else alive!" I yell as tears slip down my cheeks"so please,just let me do this peacefully!" The boy then stands up,he was a inch or two shorter than me. "No,because if I do,I let someone else die then I won't be able to go on. I-I can't let anyone else die." He argues"well I guess you'll have to kill yourself to." I say turning on my heel and going over to the side of the bridge once more.

"Fine!" He takes off his shoes and joins me on the other side of the guard rail. "What the h*ll are you doing?" I asked him"if you're going to kill yourself,I might as well to." He snaps"why the h*ll are you so stubborn?! Can't you let me die alone?" He then grabs my hand making me loose my balance a little. "Nope!" He then begins to count down to zero. By the time we hit zero,we both let go of the rail and fell towards the water.

:flashback end:

I sat up gasping for air,I looked to see Dazai beside me. I placed my hand over my chest"geez don't scare me like that!" I scream as he smiles"good to see you're awake." He then stands up"come on,we have to go find Atsushi." My eyes follow him towards the door"wait,Dazai,how'd I get here?" He turns to me"your boyfriend found you~. Well I mean,not literally but-you get what I mean." I felt my cheeks heat up knowing who he was talking about. "Now come on,we don't have all day." I nod and remove the covers and stand up slipping on my shoes and following Dazai out of the infirmary.

I walked out of the infirmary to be met with Ranpo who was staring at the door,his eyes were opened and worried look was on his face. His eyes widened as he stood up and came over to me"you're awake!" He exclaims hugging me"I was worried! Don't just pass out again!" He lectures me"sorry,though it's not my fault?" I question as Dazai buts in"save the sweet moment until later you two. Y/N and I have to get going." I nod and Ranpo frowns"mmm ok." I wave goodbye to him and follow Dazai out of the agency.

That's when I noticed how much had happened while I was out. The entire outside was utter chaos,almost like an apocalypse. "What the heck happened while I was out?!" I asked him"a lot." He tells me as I notice the cast on his right arm"oh,me and a friend got hit by a car." He says nonchalantly"oh my god! Are you two ok?!" He nods"this is nothing compared to things I've been through. Think of it as a scratch." I nod"if you say so..."

When we found Atsushi,his hand was wrapped around the doll from before. 'Q's if I remember correctly. "Victory is yours,Atsushi." Dazai claims bending down to the boy"D-Dazai?! Y/N?!" The teen exclaims as blood drips down his head. "Your spirit prevails and this city is saved." Atsushi's violet yellow eyes go wide"watch out! The enemies attack form above!" Dazai then pulls out a button and presses it,a purple mist emitting from the side of the street. Seems Dazai was a step ahead of us.

While this was going on Dazai helped Atsushi up and carried him into the underground train station. "Why're you here...?" Atsushi hums"well I've been watching where you'll land from the sky." Atsushi sits on the steps as I join him. "Well done Atsushi. With that,Yokohama is saved. Well..."he sighs"that's what I'd like to say." Atsushi gives a confused look"is by chance this 'Q' guy?" I hum as the brunette nods. "With Q still in their hands,they can launch this kind of large scale destruction however many times they want. The Special Ability Department,our only potential collaborator is frozen in its tracks. We can no longer-"

"Dazai,it says in a book I read not to long ago: 'not once have I regretted the things I did. I only ever regret the things that I did not do.' It also says: 'the head may err,but never the blood'. I had an idea while I was falling through the sky. You may all say it's completely out of the question but I think it's the only solution. Indicated by my very own blood and soul." Atsushi states"and that idea?" Dazai hums"about collaborators." Atsushi goes on to explain and finally states it's the Port Mafia.