𝟎𝟐

smile

smile

" eh. "
[unedited)

   "Papers here!! Get one!!"

It was a bright and beautiful day, and the students of Cherryton Academy were all awake and on campus. Many people have already heard about the sad and sudden death of Tem, a very well known student in the drama club.

You stood with two carnivore students, a fox and a hyena and conversed about the past events.

"It was all so sudden... and Tem was such a great friend, even though we were so different." Lycaon, the Painted dog spoke solemnly.

"Exactly, and we didn't even get to say goodbye to him. What about you (Y/N)? Are you feeling alright?"

You stared boringly at your fox friend. "Eh."

They stared at you in slight surprise.

"What do you mean 'Eh,' he was your best friend, wasn't he?" Lycaon questioned you.

"Yeah, but I wasn't too attached to him. We only spoke with each other whenver he'd talk about his damn crush. Not that I despise her or anything, he just wouldn't stop."

"Well, I guess it makes sense.." The fox pondered.

After a bit more conversation, you noticed a group of herbivores who were looking at the newspaper stared at you and your friends, making you all look back at them.

They quickly looked away.

As an omnivore, you would get along with both carnivores and herbivores. Though, since you were a combination of both, people would have their suspicions, just like you had your own as well.

You see, you had been raised by a family of European Hares. They had found you, abandoned in a box in an alleyway. You were human, and that spiked your parents' interest. They had wanted a child but failed every time they tried, and took this as their chance.

They took you in and raised you with a smile, your father even training you in archery. As a family of hares, they made you use your legs quite often. You had a muscular build, most of it in your legs and arms. Though, you had began to grow lazy and careless as you grew into your teenage years, but you kept training since it was basically only a small chore for you.

They raised you well despite your differences in size, teeth, looks, they just loved you for everything. They were happy to have a son in general, especially one like you. They called you a perfect child, but the only reason you were so 'perfect' is because of the way they raised you. Don't worry, you have a healthy household.

While your friends kept talking with each other, you stared at Els, the one poor Tem had caught feelings for. You genuinely felt bad for her. She never got to hear Tem confess his feelings to her, and will never spend young love the way she thought she would.

After her friends walked away, your own heading to their classes, you walked up to her and laid your hand on her shoulder.

"Hey, Els," You bent down to her height and smiled solemnly. "How about we head to class? Try to get your mind off things, y'know?"

You stood straight and put your hand on her back, guiding her as she smiled softly.

"Thanks, (Y/N)."