𝟏𝟐

smile

smile

" nothing personal... "

"He chose the new kid over me! After all I did for him after he passed out onstage, and even before that... I swear, (Y/N) probably bribed Louis or something." Bill whispered to Sheila, both watching (Y/N) fight the air with a staff in hand, the skull for Adler on his face. It was all a perfect fit.

He must think that, because I'm human, or an omnivore, I must be deaf or something.

Bill sneezed and coughed, Sheila scrunching her face when she saw mucus on his arm after covering his snout. He had caught a tough cold not too long ago. Tough luck, am I right? He can't exactly perform anymore.

(Y/N) accidentally threw the staff after swinging a little too hard, lifting the skull away from his face before apologizing, and getting another handed to him by Sanu. "Don't worry about it, (Y/N). We'll rehearse all night tonight if we need to."

He was about to respond, but Bill interrupted him. He chuckled, speaking in a sarcastic tone. "What are you worried about? He knows all the lines and all the staging too! If I were you, I'd be more concerned about..."

A little further away, Legoshi stood with a staff in hand, and sighed. Kai set a box down at the table, noticing Legoshi's frown. "Why are you acting so down like that? I'm the one that wants to perform, but can't."

"That's not the problem." Legoshi defended himself.

"Hey, Legoshi!" He turned to (Y/N).

"It's just a minor role, so don't worry. The audience probably won't talk about you too much."

An unexpected turn of events. There are three villain roles. Bill was one of them, but now... he's ill. So now they need someone to fill the villain role.

I've been in drama club for quite a while, and this will be my first time performing onstage.

The wolf stood, hunched over in front of the human, who had surprisingly proper stature, and was ready to rehearse.

"You were handling the lights from above, so you should have a good grasp on the staging already." The boy held his staff out, one foot in front of the other, and just like that, he's already become the star of the show.

"I'm ready whenever you're ready, Legoshi."

"Well... I'm not the best athlete." He looked at the staff in his hands, trying to figure out what how he could do this.

Suddenly, the human's staff was swinging down at him at his right. He dodged successfully before it happened again, but on his left, and then to his throat. He dodged it all, never encountering until he blocked him with his own staff.

"Oh, were you not ready? I'm sorry, I'm just never patient when dealing with wolves like you." Legoshi gained the strength to push him away a couple of feet. The scent he smelled, it reflected something like a nostalgic memory, but also deep frustration.

After regaining his footing, (Y/N) swung at him, making him dodge, but fell back even further. They never stopped, the tension becoming more and more thick with each attempt to hit the other.

They come to a position like the one from before, only they're grasping each other's arm to get the other away, and the staffs were held at hip level.

"Y'know Legoshi, you're pretty weak for a grey wolf as far as I know." He's more vulnerable than the others.

   He tried his best not to chuckle at Legoshi's angered face, as he didn't have the mask on at the moment to cover his fangs.

(Y/N) found his way out of this lock, but they only ended up in the same position as the first one this time.

"Are you trying to taunt me?" Legoshi growled out as he saw the smirk on his face.

"What do you think? All grey wolves are the same. They see any kind of prey, they go for the hunt with no hesitation." Get to his head, distract him. They circled around each other.

"They're just rehearsing, right?"

"And venting, a little."

Swing, swing, block.

"You've had that feeling, haven't you? The urge to devour someone that is just having a happy life." Legoshi bared his fangs, and (Y/N) finally showed his own as he gritted his teeth, getting mad at himself for making this so personal.

   I'm sorry, Legoshi. You just remind me too much of the incident with my older brother.

"Those fangs of yours look quite nice. How would they look covered in my own blood, eh?" He whispered the last part. Legoshi finally pushed him away, farther than he expected.

They panted, but the tension didn't calm down one bit.

"Though I may seem fragile, Legoshi, don't even think about treating me like I'm begging for mercy." God, I sound just like Louis.

He smiled brightly, more happily than cockily. "Tomorrow's performance is gonna be a hell of a show, we got this!"

Legoshi calmed down, still panting.

I'm sorry man, but I gotta switch up a bit for a while. The human apologized in his head.

Now that his wound is already healing, he already feels like he can do a million cartwheels.