Chapter Twenty

Sorry I haven't updated in a couple of months, the horror. Unfortunatly iIhave this diasease, L.I.F.E. I am not proud of it. I know it is short. I'll try to make the next chapter longer but I don't know when I can have it up.

Violet

“Violet!”

I jumped back and hit Peter. He wrapped his arms around me just as the door to his bedroom slammed open. “Hey, hey,” he murmured softly into my hair. “It’s just Cynthia.”

“Why didn’t you tell me she was back?” Cynthia hissed at Peter.

“We only got back last night,” Peter replied stroking my arm.

Cynthia sat on the edge of the bed and studied me. “Oh sweetie,” she murmured.

I detached myself from Peter and wrapped my arms around her neck. “Hi Cynthia,” I whispered hoarsely.

“Never get kidnapped again,” she ordered. “Do you understand me, Violet? Don’t you ever scare me like that again, I mean it!”

“No promises,” I told her failing dramatically at putting some laughter into my voice.

She gave me a small smile and brushed hair out of my face. “I’m glad you’re home.” She then turned to look at Peter with a threatening look in her eyes. “If you screw up and make her leave I will send you straight to hell.”

A growl escaped my lips and was followed by a squeak and the sound of my hands slapping over my mouth. “Sorry.”

Peter chuckled and pulled me too him. “You shouldn’t growl,” he murmured into my ear. “It’s just not fair.”

‘How?’ I asked through the mate bond.

“Because,” he whispered, “it’s really hot.”

“Sorry,” I repeated blushing.

He shook his head. “Don’t ever be ashamed to express yourself.”

I looked down as Cynthia clear her throat. “Are you two going to kiss? Because I can come back later.”

I needed her right now. Cynthia felt like an older sister now. After all those years of rejecting her. “Sorry I was mean to you.”

She shook her head. “Don’t fret sweetie. So when is Big Bad Alpha over here going to let me steal you from him?”

Peter’s arm tightened slightly around me. “Never,” he answered. “She is mine. Go get your own Violet.”

“But I want this one!” she whined.

Peter shook his head. “I had her first.”