Chapter Twenty One

Hey guys! I hath updated! Sorry, Shakespeare in English. On the other hand, I hate the new version of the Wattpad site. This is why I try to only use the app but you can update this easily on the app so I'm venting about how Wattpad updates to the site are both annoying and stupid! Ha ha, ha, As my eye twitches like I'm in a horror moving. Well, here it is. Next chapter I am going to have some more on Cynthia and then the chapter after will have more on Violet's parents.

Love and hugs my lovely readers.

Peter

"Peter...I love you."

I'd dreamed about Violet saying those words so many times I thought that I'd started daydreaming but then I took in the vulnerable look in her eyes, and the scared hurt look creeping in. I caressed her cheek. "You know I love you, violet. Never doubt that. Promise me."

She bit her lip before shaking her head. "Nope."

I couldn't stop the low growl that sounded in my throat even though I knew she was joking. Inside of flinching away like I'd expected from the Violet I grew up with she just giggled and grinned up at me. I'll admit I was left stunned. Violet had always shied away from growls, not that I blame after everything she's been through. She kissed my chin. "Relax Peter. I'm not going to go running again. I trust you. Mostly."

"Mostly?"

She gave me a half shrug. "What? Have you seen your school attendance record? You're kind of a bad influence."

"Oh, that's how you're playing," I said and tickled her stomach.

She squealed and squirmed beneath me trying to fend off my hands. "Stop!" she laughed just as the door opened and my dad walked in.

He raised an eyebrow as I sat up pulling Violet onto my lap. "Did I interrupt something?" he asked in an amused voice eyeing a blushing Violet.

"Old fart," she muttered.

Dad laughed and messed up her hair. She fixed it with a glare at him and then hid her face in the crook of my neck. "Peter, Alpha George is being mean."

I pressed my lips to the side of her head smiling. "What's up Dad?"

"Your mother wants you two for dinner," he said.

Violet perked her head up and before I could even open my mouth she said, "We'll be down in a minute."

Dad nodded and left and I pouted at her. "But-"

She cut me off, "Nope. I'm tired of you keeping me locked away in your room." She managed to escape off of my lap and my bed. She grabbed my hands and tugged uselessly. "Ug! Move!"

"I'm quite comfortable like this though," I said smugly.

She glared at me and pulled harder, at this point her butt was nearly on the ground. "You fat log!" she huffed to herself.

I stood and she ended up sitting on the ground. I chuckled and she crossed her arms over her chest. "Aw, don't be like that." I lifted her up by her elbows but she turned her face from me.

"Jerk," she muttered and gave me her back. "I don't think I love you anymore."

I wrapped my arms around her waist and kissed her shoulder. "You don't mean that." I couldn't help the smidge of hurt her words brought on.

She turned around and pressed a hand to my cheek. I forgot that she could feel my emotions through the mate bond. "Hey, hey, hey," she murmured. I could read the guilt in her eyes. She wrapped her other arm around my neck and pulled me closer to her. "I really screwed up," she said to herself. "I took something truly good and I hurt it. I killed a bright light."