Chapter Twenty Two

Violet

Normally Mondays are bad. Of course when you were kind of gone, expecting to never come back, kidnapped, then marked by the 'technical' Alpha of the pack...well I am not looking forward to it.

"You're doing it again," Peter said in my ear.

I pressed my lips together. Apparently my thinking was a little loud. I've haven't figured out how to block all of my thoughts from Peter since he's mark me and the mate bond strengthened at least not all the time. Peter's been enjoying it a little too much. The way he sees it is that this makes up for the past eight years. It's become a nuisance.

I flipped the hood on my green hoodie over my head with a huff. I miss homeschool. Peter made me rejoin the pack. At least those mental blocks are still easy to keep in place. Peter parked the car and we got out. I sighed as the murmurs started up. Wolves are quick to spot what they consider gossip.

Peter barely made it around the car to me when Cynthia was already storming her way across the courtyard. "Move! Move the hell out of my way!" she yelled. I cringed and Peter put his fist in his mouth to muffle his laughing. Cynthia reached us dusting imaginary dirt off of herself and smiled at me as though nothing strange or unusual had just happened. "Hey Violet."

I shook my head. "No," I murmured to myself. "Not even going to touch this one."

Peter put his arm around my shoulders and we started for class. "Good morning Cynthia," he greeting in a voice that was way too happy. I don't trust it.

Cynthia narrowed her eyes, only not at him but at me, or my neck. I raised a hand to the mark self-consciously even though my hoodie definitely covered it. "You're mark!" she said in shock.

"How do you know," I hissed out looking around positive that people were trying to eavesdrop.

"Well there's Mr. Happy-Go-Lucky over there but also your scent," she answered.

"My scent," I said to myself. "I completely forgot." When a female is marked a bit of the male's scent is infused with her own and likewise for the guy.

I narrowed my eyes at Peter and he scratched the back of his neck sheepishly. "I guess I also forgot to tell you."

"Uh-huh, I'm sure."

Cynthia just laughed at us. "Come on. We have a class to attend."

Peter let out a growl and Cynthia both snapped our eyes to his confused. He had a frightening glare on his face, I followed it to some boys from the pack. Of course. I put my hands on his chest pressing down lightly to get his attention. "Let it go Peter. Please."

His eyes were dark when they flickered down to mine. I tried to beg him silently with the contact and he pressed his nose into my hair. As his mate my scent will calm him down. "I'm good," he murmured. "I'm good."

I stepped back, "You do realize you can't growl at every guy who looks at me." His eyes bore into mine challenging what I'd said. I sighed. "Come on you over-possessive log."

He laughed once at my reference to a couple of nights ago. "I'm still not happy about you being around these animals."

"Of course not," I said lightly as we walked. "You seem to believe that I should just be locked in your room all day. Eventually I will have to go back to my own."

"Not if I have anything to do with it," Peter said more to himself. Peter never used to be this possessive of me. Or maybe he was but he's just now showing it. It's amazing how I'm just now beginning to see what Cynthia says that everyone else has seen for years.