Chapter 6 YOU'LL SAY: IT'S FICKLE HEBE FEEDING THE ZEUS'S EAGLE - IT IS MIRTH

Part 2

NB! The chapter features mature content

The witch walks quickly, jumping over invisible to me obstacles under her feet. We are both silent. I try to digest all the information, getting back inside myself. Maybe she is doing the same, but it seems to me that I will never know about it. Just like the witch I want to give a lot to find out what is on her mind now; I want to understand if I can trust her; I want to understand whether the sphere vision was just some fake magical haze that was sent for me by one of the witches on the hill.

I am dozing, leaning against her, my hand slowly slides from her silky neck to her breasts. I don't even notice it until she chuckles. The sound of her voice brings me out of slumber. I gasp, embarrassedly returning my hand back.

"You can leave it. Bad girl, do you want to steal my maidenhood?" Hebe laughs and squeezes my legs tighter.

"Not at all! It's an accident!" It's good that no one can see me now: my face is like being fried on fire, and my lower lip is shaking from embarrassment and offense. I'm not in a mood for her jokes. Insane fatigue has fallen on me, and I want to have some rest. Her society has just lost one of the precious Pythias! Why is she so unbearable... or maybe witches do not grieve when anything happens to other witches?

The forest greets us with coolness and impenetrable darkness; we are immediately surrounded by the pleasant smell of pine needles, moss, damp bark and long-fallen rotting windbreak tree trunks. A mosquito is ringing somewhere nearby, but it does not dare to fly up to us.

I would never have found the forester's hut. It modestly hides between the furry paws of ancient fir trees and fluffy shrubs.

"Watch your head," Hebe warns me just in time when she carefully opens an old, small door with a creaking sound, and we get inside. The seni** and the whole house emits pleasant wooden smell, as if the dwelling was built a couple of days ago.

The witch snaps her fingers, and several thick candles, which are barely living out their days, light up obediently. Their light is enough to reveal the decoration of a classic izba***: two low wooden benches, a massive table, a carved wardrobe. Someone managed to put an old soccer ball and a small rubber toy resembling a character from Maya the Bee on its top. By the shuttered window there is a bed covered with a soft blue satin blanket; a snow-white pillow is placed in the manner of a cocked hat. The most remarkable thing about the house is, of course, a classic Russian stove with a stove bench for sleeping. The stove bench itself is covered with a motley patchwork quilt on which sits a huge hare half a meter long. He's threateningly squinting at me with his orange-brown eye.

Hebe notices him, but says nothing and gently dumps me onto a soft bed by the window.

"Well, hello, Filya!" sings the witch, straightening up. "Why are you sticking out here and not warming my mother's bed in anticipation of her return? Or did she order you to stalk me?"

"Is this your mama's pet?" I ask naively, thinking that she is just chatting with the animal as many pet owners like doing.

"Did you hear, Filyusha? Home pet!" Hebe laughs. "From the mouths of babes shall come the truth! Velia, this is Filimon. He fucks my mama."

I coughed, choking on my saliva. The hare just twitched his huge ears.

"Why are you silent? Are you shy, lil wabbit?"

"You should be at the sabbath now, but you are arranging a love nest for you and your new pet," the fluff sighs. "Every time they are younger and younger (Jeeez, the hare is talking! I probably did not hit my foot, but my head!).

"And you, rabbit meat, prefer older ones... like my ma, mmm?" the witch does not concede. Her every word is saturated with irritation to him.

"Come to your senses, Hebe! Your time will come soon! You need a daughter to procreate. You cannot run away forever from this responsibility that is placed on you. And a familiar! You need a faithful familiar you can trust, but definitely not this human misery. Your behavior dishonors the entire coven!"