Chapter 17 (Part 1) SUBMISSIVE SUPREME

She is tensely sitting in one of the large armchairs in the hallway. I'm so sad after talking with Angerona that nothing seems to be able to dispel my bitter thoughts, but at the sight of my witch I could not help smiling: Hebe looks as if her parents have been called to the principal's office, and she is gloomily waiting for them outside.

"Hey," I call her softly.

Hebe perks up. She, like a polite young man from the distant past, stands up when seeing a young lady. The young lady barely resists her curtsy, pulling up her 'young man's' sweatpants.

"I was sure witches had excellent hearing," I say with a smile, trying to lock bad thoughts in the far corners of my mind. These thoughts will, of course, come up at the most inopportune moment. Maybe at night or when I'm alone and vulnerable. In the meantime, I just want to pretend I'm fine.

"Witches have good senses, but when we are not focused, they are no better than of humans. The Pythias have even better ones."

"I haven't noticed anything like that in me."

"You don't have weaves yet. You are like a little child. Soon you will have witch powers too."

I shrug my shoulders. A couple of weeks ago before meeting Hebe, I would have been the first in line to receive magical powers, but nothing is given just like that. You have to pay for everything, and, for some reason, it seems to me that I paid only the first installment.

She comes up and looks down at me. I weirdly enjoy that she is taller than me: there is something incredibly dominant and breathtaking about her now, but no toxic fake masculinity in her appearance despite her casually indifferent unisex outfit.

Probably, listening to the voice of reason, Hebe decided to get dressed. Now she looks like an obedient girl: black trousers with a white top. The breathable open collar of a white shirt shows her sexy collarbone; the fabric effortlessly rests to the light curves of her feminine torso. The black tight trousers complement her long stunning legs.

"What did she tell you?" she asks impatiently. "Did she offend you?" Hebe tucks a lock of hair behind her ear; it's smooth and nicely glowing in the sunny hall.

"For the most part we talked about my parents, or rather about my non-parents." I shouldn't tell Hebe everything her mother told me, since their relationship cannot be called the warmest in the world; I really don't want to add fuel to the fire.

"I'm sorry. So, Mika was right, wasn't she?" The witch is fixing her hair again. I think she is nervous a little.

"Is anything bothering you?" I ask anxiously.

"You were absent for a long time," she answers with irritation in her voice. "Mama has never received anyone in her chamber... except for her hare. I usually burst into her room only when I'm super angry."

"You weren't the only one who was surprised, Hebe." I specifically emphasize her name. The Queen's words about Hebe's ex-girlfriends, who might be somewhere in the residence, still hurt me.

What am I ever thinking... Hebe looks a few years older than me, but I know that it's not so. How old is she? Although in my country it is impolite to ask a woman about her age. Maybe this only applies to straight men asking straight women like Dasha?

"What is in your pretty head? Come on, Velia, tell me! You can't hide it forever."

"I want to eat."

"Breaking news! Breaking news! Don't miss it, only today Velia is hungry!" Hebe holds out her palms in front of her face as if speaking into a megaphone. "This damn mama witch has bewitched you for sure!"

"That's why she's a witch! Profession: witch." Inwardly, I rejoice. I knew that I could distract her by talking about my nutrition, and I'm really, really hungry, to be honest.

Hebe cheerfully takes my arm and leads me away from Supreme Witch's boudoir. The closeness of her body is soothing me.

I don't want her to stop being with me. I don't want her to lose her interest in me.

••• Dear Nat,
Thank you so much for all your and your wife's support! I highly appreciate your help! It's always nice to hear from you •••