Chapter 11 (Part 2) WOES AND VOWS

NB: the chapter features mature content

Her gait is as springy as usual again. She doesn't wear clothes, but I don't mind. Hebe throws a robe over her bare shoulders, sitting down at the table. Now it's my turn to look after her: while she is eating something obviously tasty from a plastic container, that the boy brought, with a gleeful appetite, I'm making her a cup of coffee with full-fat cream. Hebe gratefully takes the cup and sips half of it almost at once.

"Carefully! It's hot..." I try to warn her, but it doesn't seem to bother her.

"You're a lot hotter, especially when your clothes are wet," the witch chuckles.

"Hebe," I kneel down next to her chair again and put my arm around her, pressing my cheek against her skin. "I've made a choice, Hebe. It's you – it has always been you. Please, don't leave me anymore. Please. Hebe..."

"Get off your knees," the witch says softly, gently lifting my chin. I shake my head, feeling the weight of the overwhelming emotions again.

"Sweet summer girl," the witch whispers and easily puts me on her laps. I can't take my eyes off her and saddle comfortably, facing her.

The kiss is dewy, slow and deep. Sometimes Hebe leaves my lips to kiss my neck, cheeks or ears, while her hands are shamelessly caressing my hips and waist.

"Hebe, please, don't mess with this human who killed the pythia and almost killed you! I can't even imagine... What if I hadn't had time to give you the potion?" I take Hebe's face in my hands. "And what if he is not a human but only pretends to be one so that you all think so! I don't understand much about magic, but I do understand that it is dangerous to go hunting alone."

"Of course, you are my little genius! He can really pretend to be a human in order to fool our brains and distract us from something more important!" the witch exclaims enthusiastically and kisses me warmly on the lips, pressing me tightly to her.

"I'm glad that you understood this and now we can calmly have a rest, uhm... mmm... talk about us..."

"I promise you not to leave you anymore," the young woman rejoices, quickly putting me on the table. "I know one Pythia; I want her to talk to you. I need my clothes," she takes off her robe and starts rummaging in the white chest of drawers, being absolutely naked

"Why should I see her? Do you think my vision is not a coincidence?"

She pulls on a green T-shirt with the word "nerd" on its front, "I'm sure you are my gift of fate. Not every witch manages to find her seer. Get dressed; it's cooler than here in the place where we are both going to go."

"What if this dangerous human is just waiting for you to leave your hideout?" I don't want to go anywhere. Less than an hour ago she was lying unconscious in a pool of her own blood: a dark, bloody ribbon is still stretching from the wardrobe to the bed.

"Don't be stubborn, Velia, don't you want to know who you really are?"

"I'm an ordinary person from an ordinary family," I mutter.

"Do you believe in your own words?" The witch takes out a dark salmon color blouse from the chest of drawers. "This one will suit you! Take off your romper," she grabs my collar imperiously, beginning to pull off my clothes.

"Please, stop..."

"Stop being so stubborn!"

"You can't just pull off my clothes when you want to!" I feel embarrassed and try to resist her.

"Oh, I CAN! Your power is our chance to find the killer; this is the hope that the Pythias will not die out! Come on, be an obedient gir..." she stops when my big, silent tear falls on her cheek; she's looking up at me in shock.

"The hare was right: I'm just an interesting, new toy, right? You sleep with me when you want; you come to me when you want; you leave me when you want; you put on and take off my clothes when you want to... At first, you just needed my menstrual blood, Alba told me about its essential properties, but now you want to know if I am a Pythia. But I am not a Pythia... f-forgiveme for not having any powers," I lower my head, shedding my bitter tears.

"Velia, I didn't mean to... I'm really sorry!"

"It's fine," I say, sadly smiling through my tears. "I've already made my choice. Do whatever you want with me. You win."