Chapter 25 - The one who will become (part 1)

⚠️ These chapters deal with the main events of the Whole Cake Island saga, appropriately modified for this story. Thanks for your attention and, like always, enjoy the reading!

⚜️ Keywords ⚜️

Y/n -> your name
E/c -> eyes colour

🔱

Tension was mounting on Tottoland. In the last weeks, Big Mom has been planning a new marriage, this time between her daughter Pudding and Sanji Vinsmoke, the third son of Vinsmoke Judge; the latter ruled the kingdom of Germa. Of course, it was just your mother-in-law's plan to achieve her shady ends, but when the news reached your ears you were happy for your young sister-in-law.

《Well, it's not that bad...》

You realized that her future husband was also very young, he was probably the same age as you.

《...and then, where will you find another guy with eyebrows like this...》 You smiled when you saw the photo of Sanji that Pudding had received.

On the contrary, she didn't seem so enthusiastic.
《...I don't like him.》

That answer was obviously predictable, but it surprised you all the same.

《Well, you'll have plenty of time to get to know him, right?》 Pudding turned towards you and observed your unexpected smile; you had heard those words before her...

《It's just a wedding. Nothing more.》 Pudding explained without letting any emotion shine through and that was new to you; you knew that Pudding's temper was anything but sweet and innocent, but there was more you still didn't know...anyway, you said nothing more and stood staring at her as she walked away from you. You couldn't help but to feel down on those words.

《No. It's not just that, Pudding.》 You thought as you headed in the opposite direction.

Tottoland was excited about the happy event; in fact, the wedding would take place in the Tea Party area where Big Mom spent most of her time eating tons of sweets with all of her guests. The Vinsmoke family would reach the island in a few days, along with many other guests of the Empress.

Everyone was busy with the preparations, so you decided to offer your help forgetting Pudding's cold and detached attitude; although you thought it was just plain agitation, there was actually something else you weren't aware of and that had changed her attitude towards you as well.

Talking about it with her was pointless, while the rest of the Charlottes were out of reach; you didn't think it was so important, until you saw them all concentrating on their tasks...even Katakuri had become like this, his attention to every detail was accurate to the millimeter.

《He's aware of his mother's entire plan...I need to know more, no matter what.》

On the other hand, you were one hundred percent determined.

- - -

You left the bathroom in your room to dry your damp hair, which became more curly when it got wet.
Of course, that wasn't your bedroom, as you had borrowed one of the many in Big Mom's palace; it was appreciable leaving out the fact that it was all so obsessively pink.

《Aaaah, what a tiredness...I really needed a warm and relaxing bath like this!》 You said aloud thinking you were still alone.

In the darkness, Katakuri was there, with his back against the wall waiting for your exit.