Chapter 16 - Control

⚜️ Keywords ⚜️

Y/n -> your name
E/c -> eyes colour

🔱

"Crash!"

The sound of the fallen vase made you jump.
Your maid had unintentionally dropped it, while she was cleaning by spilling the water and the flowers that were inside.

《F-forgive me, miss!》  You said nothing; on the contrary, you noticed that she was picking up the pieces without any precaution to her hands.

《Watch out, you'll cut yourself like this. Here.》  You gave her a cloth handkerchief to protect her fingers. She thanked you for your kindness.

The water had wet the carpet, right under the table. There was no way to dry it but change it, but it wasn't a problem.
Under the girl's incredulous eyes, you collected the water with your power towards the pool, which dried instantly.

《It's...it's amazing! How did you...?》  She stood motionless, the pieces wrapped in the cloth.

You looked at her normally.
《I don't know yet, but it's something that comes from inside of me.》
You looked at the palm of your hand; you weren't sure if you absorbed the water, because you weren't wet.

《Is it a power of a Devil Fruit?》  She asked again.

《No. I've never eaten one.》

The conversation ended there leaving you alone in the room. She looked confused, as if she had never heard of anyone who had powers not derived from one of those fruits, and walked away in silence.

It was the first time she had acted that way.
《Is she hiding something?》

You decided to follow her, but you met Brûlée on the way.

《Hey, where are you going so fast?》  She said smiling. You didn't want to give her or anyone else unnecessary worries, so you didn't say anything about your maid.

《Uhm, I was about to go out to get some fresh air.》

《Oh, then I'm going with you!》  She exulted and followed you out into the garden.

It was nice to be there, enjoying that strange island nature and chatting with your favorite sister-in-law. But sometimes you wanted to do something different, see different places.
Of course, you had recently returned from the Pirate Expo and, perhaps, that was what suggested you continue exploring the sea.
On the other hand, you didn't want to get away from Katakuri.

When you thought that, your face changed tone under Brûlée's curious gaze.
《You seem to be in a good mood lately, Y/n. Did something happen?》

《Well, I always feel good when I'm with him...》  You looked down at the grass beside your feet and smiled.

《...is there something you have to tell me?》  She said slyly trying to find out some of your little secrets.

《Mmm, nothing that concerns you.》  You grinned.

Brûlée screamed in annoyance.
《Eeeeh! W-why?! I have to know! I could give you some advice, you know?》

《Mpf, I doubt it...》  You crossed your legs and made yourself comfortable on the wooden bench.

There was a moment of silence, until she broke it with a two-way question.
《So have you seen onii-chan's intimate part...?》
Obviously, you misunderstood and stared at her with frightened eyes.