Chapter 34 - Only you (part 1)

⚠️ Much of the events in these chapters are set on Gran Tesoro, inspired by the movie "One Piece Gold". For those who haven't watched it, don't worry, I've treated and modified it appropriately with the sole purpose of writing my story. ^^

P.S. I write so much that I always need to divide into parts, sorry for that XD

Said this, I leave you to read...enjoy!!

⚜️ Keywords ⚜️

Y/n -> your name
E/c -> eyes colour

🔱

Three years later

You took a long breath.

《Come back here, Daigo!》

The crafty smile of the child turned in your direction as he ran throughout the dining room.

《Now!!》

Although he was adorable most of the time, he was a really scamp, especially when he wasn't listening to you. You were taken aback when you saw your son steal the piece of cake from Anana, Big Mom's youngest daughter; well, she was just a child, but you didn't expect her to cry like that! Anyway, the worst part was that you weren't alone there...
A group of the Charlotte family had gathered to have lunch together and although it was just a simple child's play, you heard someone mutter behind your back.

You were more and more tense and embarrassed. Of course, Daigo had become a sunny and playful child and now that he had started walking and talking, he had begun to do his first pranks and your brothers and sister-in-law didn't like that, but you were sure it wasn't his fault.

《...》

《Daigo.》

Suddenly, his father's voice echoed across the room like a thunder in the sky, forcing the child to stop running.

He wasn't frightened at all and looked with his big pink eyes at the giant who was staring at him; when Katakuri told him to go back to his seat, he did. He was the one who made himself respected with so little, you thought with a sigh.

《Someone isn't doing her duty properly...are you really his mother?》  Galette said that after everyone had started eating in silence again; although some time had passed, you two still hadn't buried the hatchet.

However, you couldn't help but throw a response.

《I believe I'm the first to learn, but I do it every day when I'm with my son...》  But then, you turned to her  《And you? Are you going to wait for your mother to get married? At least, you'll have other things to think about instead of me...》

Some laughter rose on the long table; the yellow eyes of the woman looked at you as if an insect was bothering her, but which she couldn't crush. Moreover, she expected Katakuri to scold you, but unfortunately for her he didn't.

In the meantime, you went back to looking at your son and took the saucer with the cake to return it to Anana. Luckily, she had stopped crying.

When lunch was over, you walked out of the room with your son and Katakuri followed you with the eyes. It wasn't his intention to stop you, he knew perfectly well that his younger sister was wrong to talk to you like that.