Chapter 9 - Desire

⚜️ Keywords ⚜️

Y/n -> your name
E/c ->eyes colour

🔱

Your eyes opened to reveal a mauve ceiling. Only you could have asked for such a wall for your bedroom.

《It was so real...》  You were referring to the dream you had just before, where you met and talked to your parents. You were really hoping they would stay on your side forever, even if you would never be able to see them again.

Aside from your fingers and toes, you couldn't get out of bed; you were forced to look around by turning your pupils.
Beside you, Brûlée lay asleep in a comfortable chair. She didn't realize you woke up, of course.
You smiled, at the thought that you were right about taking care of you. Even during the night.

You tried to move slowly, but the wound on the abdomen was pulling all the left side of the body, up to the leg. Also, you noticed that you had been swaddled and changed into plain pajamas.

《Y/n!!!》  Brûlée's voice made you jump, as always.  《You finally woke up! How do you feel, dear?!》  Her hands suddenly grabbed yours, stroking it with her fingers.

《It still hurts quite a bit.》  After seeing you return with Katakuri, seriously injured, she couldn't think of anything but the worst.
《How long have I been like this?》  You assumed it was only a couple of hours.

《Two days. The doctor warned us that you would need time to recover, due to the injury. I've been waiting for you to wake up all this time.》

You were happy, but there was something you were missing.
《How is Katakuri?》  You asked, after a short pause, fearing he wasn't worried.

《His wife was in a coma until a moment ago, and you ask me how is he?! Of course he's not fine!》  You found her sulky expression really funny.
《You made us all worry Y/n!》

You were really struck by that revelation. Brûlée noticed this and burst out laughing.

《And now why do you have that face? You should already know...we all think about the good of the family and that includes you too, dear!》

You didn't know whether to remain silent or to say something; fortunately, the atmosphere was interrupted by the sound of the door, which was strongly thrown open.
There, Katakuri appeared.

《Onii-chan! Y/n woke up!》  She said with a toothy smile.

Katakuri still said nothing, but he seemed surprised to see you standing, so you started talking.

《Hi.》  You just said.

With a few steps, he immediately reached and hugged you tightly. You didn't want to spoil the moment and ignored the pain in your abdomen, hugging him accordingly.

He never showed his affection in public, but with Brûlée it was fine; moreover, she went away silently, to leave you two alone.

After that, Katakuri sat on your, weight-proof, bed. You sat on his lap; compared to before, you weren't so sore anymore.

《I'm glad you recovered. I couldn't bear to see you like that anymore.》  Though the harsh tone, there was a lot of concern behind it.

《So you missed me...》  You answered with a grin.

《Mpf, of course.》  Happy with those words, you grabbed his hand and put it on your cheek. The emotional moment you had seeing your parents certainly didn't make you forget him. He had become a special person to you.