Chapter 1 - Welcome to Whole Cake Island!

⚜️ Keywords ⚜️

Y/n -> your name
E/c -> eyes colour

🔱

🍩 𝙀𝙉𝙅𝙊𝙔 𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙍𝙀𝘼𝘿𝙄𝙉𝙂 🍩

- - -

《From now on, I'll take care of you, my little Y/n...》

You couldn't forget those words.

Your uncle had reassured you as he held you in his arms for the first time. Although your life had taken an unexpected path, you had believed that, if you had started from zero, the suffering would have vanished.

For ten long years, it had been so...

You lost your father at the age of three; he had died away from home on a mission leaving you and your mother alone. That day, you had seen her read a letter from the Navy announcing his disappearance; her hands trembled and you began to feel the first sobs.
Worried, you had grabbed her long pink skirt.

《Mommy...》  She raised her head to the sound of your little voice; she turned to you as she lowered herself to your height.

《Honey...I have to tell you something...》  Her eyes had turned red but, as soon as she had your face in front of her, she did everything possible to stop herself.

《Dad...》  She didn't know how to tell you and not do it, it would have been unfair and unforgivable. Your cheeks were wet with tears, at the sound of those cursed words.

《Dad is gone.》

You didn't know him much; he spent little time at home, since he was a captain of the Navy, but when he could he would pick you up and play with you, giving you one of his wonderful smiles; that was exactly what he had left you.

The few inhabitants of the island where you lived were saddened by your loss, but couldn't understand your mother's behavior; despite becoming a widow, she didn't want to miss any happy moments with you. You didn't pay attention to those things and, every time you left the house to play on the hill, you greeted your father on the family photo, with a big smile.

Your mother tried to always be present for you by teaching you everything you didn't know, because you weren't an ordinary child; great power was hidden within you and would manifest itself through your clear e/c eyes. A rare and desired gift at the same time, therefore it had to be protected.

For the next three years, your childhood seemed to proceed peacefully, until fate came in and, again, took away what you loved most.
One day, a fleet of ships had landed on your small island and, without a reason, began to plunder it; those who succeeded, fled over the hills, not to be captured or killed. It wasn't long before they even got to your house. Before that, your mother accompanied you to the back door. As if she didn't want to lose you, her hands were holding yours tightly.

《Listen to me well Y/n. You have to run as far and as fast as you can to a hiding place. Promise me you won't go back...》

《I'm scared! Please, stay with me mom! I don't want to go alone!》  She wrapped you in her warm arms, while caressing your golden curls.

《You will be in danger if I stay with you! The only thing I can do and distract them, to let you get away...I love you, darling.》  After that, she left you out.