Chapter 39 - Promise

⚜️ Keywords ⚜️

Y/n -> your name
E/c -> eyes colour

🔱

Peace reigned over Tottoland.
And in your soul.
Every morning, you breathed that sweet wind that came through your window; even though you went back to sleep alone in your big bed, that familiar smell reminded you every day that none of what you had been through up until now was a dream.

And thank goodness.

Apparently, nothing seemed to have changed, until you looked in the mirror, where you began to notice that you weren't that young anymore, even though you didn't have any wrinkles or hair lighter than you should.

After all, your daughter always told you...the forty had become the new twenty and you chuckled repeatedly in front of her mad joy.

Yes, because another ten years had passed. Yui was now a seventeen-year-old young lady, with a sweet and lively character; she still lived with you, while your son Daigo had joined his father crew as soon as he became a teenager. He was twenty now and, to be honest, he had become the young and perfect copy of Katakuri, you thought with a smile...

 He was twenty now and, to be honest, he had become the young and perfect copy of Katakuri, you thought with a smile

You were satisfied with both of them. Anyway, just a few days ago, Yui had gone to Sweet City; as her brother, she had become an official member of the family too and was able to control perfectly her new power.
She ate the Gel-Gel Fruit, a Paramecia type Devil Fruit that gave the user the ability to create, control, and turn into gelatin...well, Big Mom seemed satisfied with that too, as these abilities were almost the same as those of her son; if she continued like this, Yui would have become Smoothie's successor as Sweet Commander soon.

For your part, the job as Minister of Flour wasn't finished yet, but you knew very well that Daigo would have replaced you when he was ready. Anyway, the King of Tottoland was more than satisfied with your reports on Komugi and often congratulated you by calling you at Den Den Mushi...and sometimes, not to say always, your conversation extended into something less professional and more private, until he threatened you to come there for real and do what a stupid conversation couldn't do...of course, you could just laugh jokingly at that, but knowing that he missed you so much was a total satisfaction for you.

But that morning, when he contacted you on the other side, his voice was unusually more serious than it should have been.

《...》

That strange silence didn't convince you.

《Uhm, are you all right Kata–》

《Y/n.》  Finally, you heard his voice  《We need to talk.》

That was definitely not a good way to start a conversation; you started twirling the pen between your fingers and stayed to listen.

《It's Yui.》