Chapter 31 - Mistaken

⚜️ Keywords ⚜️

Y/n -> your name
E/c -> eyes colour

🔱

《...Y/n.》

Katakuri tried to call you again, but it was useless. You were too busy with what you had in front of your eyes.

《Time to stop.》  But when he reached out his hand to you, you pulled it away from you.

《Don't. Touch. My. Food.》

You were ready to kill anyone who came between you and all those delicacies. Katakuri sighed deeply.

《I see, but you can't spend your time just eating.》  He crossed his arms in disagreement.  《At this rate, our son will become a balloon too.》

At that moment you stopped chewing.
《...what did you just say? Try repeating it again if you dare.》  You blinked menacingly.

Katakuri could hear the sound your throat made when you swallowed hard the food put in your mouth; of course, he liked to eat that way and in peace too, but he couldn't stand by and watch you overdo it with the risk of feeling seriously bad.

《It's obvious that I'm not only doing this for myself, but also for the baby...I have this sudden urge to eat and I'm sure that if I don't will end up passing out!》

You said out loud and in a desperate tone, as if it wasn't totally your fault.

《Uhm, wait a moment...how do you know it will be a boy?》  You looked suspiciously at your husband after he said "son" with conviction.

《I don't know, but I'm pretty sure about it.》  Katakuri didn't hesitate when he said those words. Anyway, neither you nor him knew the gender of the baby yet, as it was still early for that, but you didn't like his answer.

《What if it's a girl?》  You crossed your arms with determination.  《I see it already, with her big scarlet eyes, just like yours, and she would be soo cute~》

《She couldn't carry on the Charlotte name, if it's a girl.》  You suddenly plunged into darkness when you heard that.

《Oh my, you're not really saying that, Katakuri...》  You walked away from the table  《I see, she was the one who said it...》

You were obviously referring to his mother. You couldn't believe that woman was getting in the way and couldn't believe Katakuri was letting her do it! She was doing it again, just like she had done for your arranged marriage.

《Yes, that's definitely Mama's reasoning, but she has nothing to do with it.》

Then, you heard his spurs ringing inside the room and knew he was approaching you; he knelt behind you and with one arm he brought you close to him, with your back touching his chest.

《Are you mad at me now?》  His mouth and fangs gently stroked your head through your golden tufts. How could you get mad when he did that?

《I'm not.》  You answered by turning around and grabbing his face between your palms.  《But if you really want to be forgiven, you could find a good name for our little donut.》

Katakuri chuckled at that.
《Mpf, I can do better...》  Suddenly, he grabbed your hips and lifted you into the air in front of his face.

《I'll give you something tonight that you won't forget in the next few months either.》