Chapter 14 - Troubles (part 2)

⚜️ Keywords ⚜️

Y/n -> your name
E/c -> eyes colour

🔱

Katakuri started hunting you and observing everyone, from above, with scrupulous eyes.

《I'm going with him...》  Smoothie followed him and persuaded the other brothers to do the same. Obviously, only Galette didn't take part, while Big Mom, unaware of the fact, had headed for the island stadium.

There, the strongest pirates would participate...and it was where you and Bonney's crew were going.

You looked around, maybe you would have seen some of the Charlottes, but there were too many people and there was no one so giant like them...
You would have liked to go back to Katakuri, before he realized you were no longer with the others, but it was obvious that it couldn't be possible.

《He'll be pissed off like a beast, if he finds me here...》  Just the thought, it made you shiver.

Bonney turned to you.
《You've your head elsewhere...is there something that worries you?》  She asked you.

You decided to lie, so as not to tell her anything.  《I'm fine, I was just thinking what's going to be so important here that it'll attract all this attention...》

《The Pirate Expo always holds a pirate fighting tournament. I'd like to know what they'll give to the winner!》

《If you're so curious, why don't you participate?》
You told her confidently, but the other looked at you as if you had said something crazy.

《Me? Hahahaha! I only fight battles that interest me...not the ones decided by others to have fun.》  When she said that, her expression changed.

《Sometimes we're forced to fight battles that don't belong to us.》  Bonney looked at you seriously when you said that.

Then, she burst out laughing.
《Haha! If there weren't those fuckin' fuchsia glasses on your face, I'd take you more seriously!》  You glared at her.

Her attention was caught by a sudden shout and she moved closer to better understand what was happening.
On the contrary, you absolutely wanted to get out of that lump of people. They shoved you here and there, until you lost your balance.

《Damn!》  You instinctively put your hands in front of you, so as not to risk hitting the ground with your face...

What your eyes saw, on the other side of the lenses, was a black shirt, slightly open, where you could see some kind of tattoo.

《Oy, are you okay?》

You followed the man's voice with your head and saw a serious but not annoyed expression.

《I think yes...thank you.》  You were too close to him, so you tried to walk away, but your back was stuck. His arm was moved towards to hold you.

For a brief moment, he stared intensely at you and his shading under the eyes gave him a more creepy look, until you noticed his white hat with brown spots. It definitely had nothing to do with it...

《Well, I should go.》  You started getting bored of that awkward position. He let you go, after letting out a chuckle.

《Of course.》  That guy was really weird.

He watched you walk away, until you disappeared from his sight.

《What's going on, captain? And who was she?》  A guy in a beige overalls and a black hat referred to him.