Chapter 23

I sung the very last line of our song, Maybe We’ll Come, and the music stopped. The crowd shouted and cheered. I adjusted my earplugs discretely and looked over at Marshall. The crowd was still wild, still reacting to the end of the song. He started making his way over to me, smiling. He looked chill. He didn’t seem nervous like before, and as he was about a foot away from me he stopped and put his microphone to his mouth and paused.

The crowd started to cheer less as some very light music started playing, a very slow and simple drum beat by our drummer and a few piano sounds. I don’t exactly know, just some kind of slow dance music.

“Miranda,” He said finally, putting his hand in mine. I looked in his bright blue eyes. They were filled with happiness.

“I’ve been needing to ask you something lately, and It’s been on my mind,”

The crowd started to slowly cheer.

What is this?

“Ever since the day I met you I’ve been in love with you. Your singing, your talent, your beauty, your smile, those eyes of yours, your personality and your love...”

The music slowly paused. Everything was quiet, only some people from the crowd cheering.

What is going on? I looked at Marshall and his face was all sweaty and his look was a mixture of nervousness, happiness and hope.

He dug his hands into his pocket and he slowly got down on one knee.

Oh My God.

He took the velvety, red, tiny box in his hands and opened it, revealing a magnificent diamond ring. He smiled. The crowd started roaring.

“Will, you, marry m-me?”

~~~~~~

“OH MY GOD!” I exclaimed, dropping the microphone on the floor. I cupped my hands over my mouth and started crying. This was amazing! Marshall Mathers, Eminem was proposing to me! I love him!

“YES!” I nodded and jumped into his arms. Even though the crowd definitely couldn’t hear me, I think they got it.

He quickly slid the ring on my left ring finger and I continued holding him. He stood up and I gave him a huge kiss.

Being in his arms made me feel safe and welcome, and his hugs were warm and fuzzy. I was full of mixed emotions. So happy, excited, warm, fuzzy, cool, overwhelming, jumpy, interested, safe, surprised and in love.

It felt magical. My dreams had come true. In front of thousands of people, I am performing nearly everyday. I have millions of fans across the world that listen to my music. I have a great lifestyle. A great family. I get to work the job that I love and I enjoy every second of it. I’m very fortunate. And here, in the middle of my own concert, with all my fans watching, I am. And I’m engaged to the man I absolutely adore and love.

Eminem.