Chapter 10

“Well, these suitcases sure are heavy!” Marshall said, heaving his three suitcases into the back of the big van.

We had just arrived here in from Detroit after a week full of packing for the tour, and we are now going to drive to the arena.

“Well, well, well! I see you guys brought quite a few suitcases!” Ash said, looking at our six suitcases we had in the back of the van.

“Ash, we are going to be gone for a year! We need a lot of clothes!” Marshy said to Ash and he laughed.

“Well, I guess I ain’t performing but I sure am excited for your first show tomorrow!” Paul exclaimed as we all piled into the van.

We all laughed as the van started driving in the cool morning breeze.

“So, where are all the tour people and where are we going to be staying tonight?” I blurted out.

“Well, you see the tour people, which you probably mean all the tour managers, directors, vocal coaches, backstage crew and all them are actually already at the arena setting everything up for tomorrow” Ash said.

“Oh and you’ll also be staying at a hotel we booked that’s like right next to the arena” Paul added.

~~~~~

It was 4 hours before the show started that I started getting super anxious.

“Marshall!” I cried. I flung my arms around him and gave him a long hug, and I started to cry into his shoulder.

“What’s wrong honey?” He asked.

“Im super worried about tonight and I’ve got the butterflies. I just don’t want to mess up on the first show!” I said to him as I sniffled.

“Miranda, your going to be absolutely fine. The fans are counting on us to do an amazing job and I know we will. You will rock that stage, baby!” I said.

I gave him a kiss and smiled. He always seems to make me feel better!
“Thanks… “ I said to him as I pulled away from the hug.

“I feel better” I smiled at him again.

 “SOUND CHECK EVERYONE! MIRANDA AND MARSHALL PLEASE MAKE YOUR WAY TO THE BACKSTAGE AREA”

Someone had finally gotten the microphones and speakers to work in the arena!
We made our way back stage and two men dressed in black pants, a white t-shirt and a head set came jogging towards us, passing us microphones.

Marshall and I both waltzed up the stairs to the stage and started singing/rapping our song TOGETHER, without any music.

The band members where still setting everything up on stage, and the stage production crew where also setting up all the lighting and all that.

“BRAVO! BRAVO!” Ash and Paul shouted at us clapping, after we finished our song.

I grabbed Marshall’s hand and we both bowed in laughter.

“Okay guys, you better go get your make up and all that stuff done backstage, the show is starting in about 3 hours” Ash said to us, looking at his watch.

 ~~~~~~

Marshall’s P.O.V

 As Miranda was getting her makeup done downstairs backstage, I walked over to where Ash and Paul were sitting in the arena seats having a chat, to talk to them about something I had in mind. Those two are always together!

“Guys” I said as I took a seat next to them.

“What?” They both blurted out at the same time. We all chuckled.

“Since it’s Miranda’s birthday today-“

And with that both Paul and Ash jumped up out of their seats and cut me off.

“EVERYONE! REMEMBER! IT’S MIRANDA’S BIRTHDAY TODAY!” They both screamed.

 I jogged behind them, following everyone from behind as all of the tour people and crew marched into the makeup room backstage with streamers and party hats all singing happy birthday to Miranda.

Ash (and Paul, of course) was also holding a small half melted Freddo-Frog ice cream cake with a lighted candle in the middle.

 “Happy Birthday dear Mirandaaaaaa, Happy Birthday to you!” We all sang.

“EMINEM,GO FREESTYLE!” someone called out in the group.

I made my way to the front of the group and saw Miranda sitting there, smiling at everyone.

My first thought was to start rapping about Miranda’s birthday, and so I did!

“Happy Birthday to you, you ain’t one hundred and two, you are as pretty as can be, you are my special lady, hope we have one great time tonight, but not under the moonlight, I just need to say, I love you Baybay!”

 Everyone started clapping and cheering, and I knelt down to Miranda and gave her a kiss.