Chapter 8

Together. That was the name of me and Marshall’s new single.

We worked on it for a couple or days, in his home studio, but we did invite our managers and producers to come!

We were lying on the couch on a hot afternoon one Sunday when our phones both buzzed at the same time, we had both gotten a text message.

As Marshall reached over to the right to check his phone I reached to the left and checked mine. This is what I read:

Ash (my manager): Hey Miranda. I just wanted to let you know that you’ve gotten over 70,000,000 views on your new video for TOGETHER. The fans are going crazy over it. Marshall’s manager and I have been talking about something that we need to talk to both of you about. It’s gonna be epic!

I placed my phone down in excitement and looked at Marshall with a big grin.

He too had read his text and was looking at me the same way.

“Was it a text from your manager?” I asked. “Yes it was!” He replied.

“Okay, can I read you out the text I got first?” I asked, and he nodded.

I read the text out to him and when I looked back at him he looked at me in disbelief.

“I got the exact same text from my manager as well!” He cried.

“Well, how about we send a text back to them and ask to meet up sometime, maybe we can have a meeting to discuss what’s happening” I announced.

Here’s what I sent back:

Me: Omg Ash! That sounds exciting. Marshall also got the same text from his manager. Maybe we can organize a meeting because we are both eager to know what’s going on!

Two minutes later I got a text back from him.

Ash (my manager): Sure. We have got an announcement for you two and we will bring the producers and some others to the meeting too. Meet us tomorrow in the Californian recording studio you guys came to last week. Cya!