Chapter 21

Waiting for Tahlya to come and do my makeup, I sat in my black chair in my dressing room backstage or Perth Arena, texting on my phone. Concert was starting in two hours, and it was already getting dark out.

I was texting my mom, talking about today.

Mom: Marshall seems like a nice guy, and he is very polite. I didn’t really expect that from a guy that raps a lot of rude words about rude things…

Me: mom! Seriously! Marshy isn’t a bad guy and who cares about what he says in his music? Whatever, im just glad u like him

Mom: I can’t wait for the concert tonight, to see you perform in front of thousands of people, I am so glad. We are getting ready right now, what are you doing?

Me: nice! Well, im backstage waiting for my makeup artist to come and do my makeup. Im a little nervous. But yeah, im doing good. I’ve got to go right now because my m.u artist is here. Hopefully I’ll see u tonight in the crowd. Bye x

Mom: Okay, see you honey! Good luck! X

“So, are we doing a smokey eye tonight or double wing?” I heard Tahlya say behind me. I put my phone down and swivelled around on my chair to see her wheeling a little cart full of makeup bits and bobs.

“Um, lets do double wing. Haven’t had that one in a while” I said.

She smiled and sat down next to me, starting to apply my makeup as Anita waltzed through the door, wheeling a thing full of hanging clothes.

“Hello, are you excited for tonight? Last show!” She said, sitting down next to me.

“Yep, last show of this world tour. Gonna miss you guys”

“Oh YEAH!” Tahlya said with a grin. She pulled out a bottle of champagne from the cart and a few glasses.

“Time for some last-night celebration bubbly!” She exclaimed, smiling as she pour three glasses of champagne.

“Wow! Thanks guys!” I said, taking a sip.

“Well, Miranda,” Anita started.

“I Heard there is going to be a big surprise for you tonight” She said with a mischievous grin. A ‘big surprise’ ? What?

“Oh yeah…” Tahlya said.

They both gave each other a look, and Anita winked at her. I wonder what this surprise is?

“What?” I simply said.

“Well everyone knows about it but you. You’ll just have to wait and see” Tahlya said, putting the finishing touches of my makeup on.

Whatever it is, I will need to wait till tonight.