Chapter 19

“I missed you Perth!” I screamed through the microphone while the crowd cheered loudly. It was the start of the concert, and even though up on the stage it was hot and loud, I could see that out in the crowd it was windy and a bit chilly, since we were outside in the NIB Stadium. But besides that, everyone seemed happy.

“So our first song tonight which we will be performing is our song, Make It Happen from our latest album!” Marshall said as he walked up to me and put his arm around me. He gave me a quick kiss on the cheek as the band started playing the intro of our song.

The night went by pretty long, all of the clothing changes and microphone swaps backstage, the hard-core singing and rapping on stage, the loud music and screaming crowd.

It was the end of the night, at about 11, and we had one more song to perform: Together.

“Okay, okay, pass her the microphone Marty she’s going on stage like now! Hurry your ass up!” I heard Ash say to some backstage guy as I was waiting next to Marshall backstage ready to go onto stage.

Some guy with frizzy black hair and glasses wearing a headset came up to me and passed me a new microphone as I was about to go on stage. Our eyes met for a split second and I could see he was somewhat scared.

“Baby, lets go… Good luck!” Marshall said to me over the loud noises.

We waltzed onto the stage and the crowd cheering 10 times louder. The music stared and I started dancing some groovy moves and started to sing the lyrics:

“Together! We’ll always make it together, no matter what problem we’ll always be here…”

Marshall started rapping when it was time and the real EMINEM sure same out of him! He was so good at rapping, and all I could think of was him at that moment. I was clapping to the beat (with the crowd) and looking at him, walking to the edge of the stage and clapping the fan’s hands, who were as happy as can be.

The only thing that bothered me was that they all had their phones out filming everything, not even enjoy it live, and they even were looking through the screens! I mean, come on. Marshall was there , clapping their hands and was like, half a metre away from them, and this girl was there in the front row, looking through her phone, not even seeming to enjoy it.

I don’t know why, but I was just so annoyed at that girl, I had to do something. So I did…

“Hey! You girl!” I shouted through the microphone, walking over to the edge of the stage towards her. It was the chorus, which was when I was supposed to be singing, but instead I was talking.

“Can you please get off your phone? You don’t seem to be enjoying this concert girlfriend!” I said. The crowd was shouting and cheering even louder this time, they seemed to be on my side.

The girl started blushing and turned her phone off and put it in her pocket, and started dancing.

“That’s better!” I said, giving her a high five, and then going back to singing. I looked over at Marshall who was laughing and putting the thumbs up at me.

It was the finale of the song, and we were in the middle of the stage, holding hands. I went on my highest, longest, and loudest note I possibly could as the music went wild for the end of the song and the crowd was crazy.

Out of the blue, I heard fireworks going off into the sky and green and pink confetti shooting out from the stage. I never expected it.

BOOM!

The song had finished, the music stopped, and I finished off singing. I automatically turned and gave Marshy a HUGE hug. The crowd was cheering, shouting, screaming the loudest. I gave him a kiss, and the crowd went crazier.

We turned around and both screamed through the microphone simultaneously, “THANK YOU PERRRTTTHHH!”

The concert had ended, and we where both doing an improvised speech, thanking the crowd and telling them how much fun we had.

We walked off stage, down the stairs to backstage as the crowd started leaving the concert.

“Huuuuhhhh”

Marshall let out a deep breath and sat down on a chair in the backstage room with our managers and tour people.

“Gosh I’m so tired! That was pretty fun though, I have missed Perth!” I remarked. Ash walked over to me and gave me a big hug.

“You did great” He said as he pulled away.

“Yes!” Paul shouted. Everyone in the room looked his way. “Let’s give three cheers for Marshall and Miranda since they did an awesome job tonight… HIP HIP!”

“HOORAY!” Everyone shouted.

Even though it was only a few people (that I mostly knew) that where hip-hip-hooraying Marshall and I, I could feel myself blushing with embarrassment.

“HOORAY!” Everyone shouted, breaking out into an applause. We all got into a group hug.

I glanced over at Marshall who was opposite me. He gave me a nice, warm smile, and I felt much better, knowing that after this we would be going back to the hotel and chill.

“Thanks a lot for such a great night!” I exclaimed, Ash, Paul, Marshall and I were walking out of the arena in the chilly air, ready to go to the taxi waiting for us.

“Yeah! I had so much fun. I can’t wait for tomorrow…” Marshall said quietly. We would be going to my parents house for most the day tomorrow, since I hadn’t seen them in ages.

I gave Marshall a hug as I was walking and held onto him. I was cold, and his nice, warm hug kept me going until we got to the taxi.

We piled into the taxi without words, and took off. By the time we reached the hotel, I was exhausted. All I needed was to go to sleep for a few hours.