Chapter 89: Her Story

Khiena's Pov

Kumalas naman na kami ni Zavriel sa yakapan at binigyan naman ako ni Akhiro ng tuwalya.

I don't know why pero parang mas gugustuhin ko na munang magstay dito sa pwesto na to. Para bang ayaw kong umalis

Tumulala naman ako sa tubig dagat na nasa harap ko at napayakap ako sa aking tuhod habang nanginginig.

I heard Zavriel sighed and he was telling me na dapat ay pumunta na kami doon sa pwesto namin.

But I told him that I can't move so he heaved a deep sigh.

"Then, let me carry you" He said and so he did carry me.

The guards were also surrounding us in order to make sure that no one would ever secretly took photos.

Dinala naman niya ako doon sa kubo na kung saan ay doon ang pwesto nila Madame Elena.

Pinaupo niya ako and he gently caressed my head. "Alis na muna ako Misa" paalam niya at hindi ko alam kung bakit pero bigla ko na lang hinawakan ang kamay niya nang aalis na sana siya. 

"Please don't leave" I begged.

He looked at me and at my hand that's holding onto him. 

Then, he placed his other hand on top of mine. "It'll just for a minute. It won't take that long" paalam niya pa so I let go.

Naupo naman sa aking tabi si Madame Elena at niyakap niya pa ako.

"I'll leave the two of you first" Paalam naman ni Akhiro kaya't kaming dalawa lang ni Madame Elena ang natira dito.

Di rin nagtagal ay kumalas na sa yakap si Madame. "I'm glad you're safe" she said as she wiped her tear away. "But Khiena, I believe, whatever is bothering you, I think its best for you to let it go. Share it. Magkwento ka at gagaan ang pakiramdam mo" she said.

Yumuko na muna ako at saka nanahimik.

"Iha, why not tell your paren--" I cut her off.

"I don't have parents" 

"I-I'm sorry iha. Hmm, do you mind if I ask for the reason?"

Umiling naman ako at muling tumingin sa ibaba. "I-I was adopted. I have no idea who my parents are. My adopted parents are of course still alive, but not even once, they never acted like a real parent to me"

Sigh... I think its time for at least someone to know about my life story. Right?

Yes, it might be painful for me dahil habang magkwekwento ay maaalala ko ang mga masasamang alaala na gusto kong kalimutan.

Pero mas pipiliin ko na to na ikwento kesa naman sa itago ko lang ito sa sarili ko.

Madame Elena has a point. 

Maybe if I share this painful past I am keeping, my heart might feel light and not burdened by it anymore.

This time, they probably won't turn their backs on me. Right?

"I was like a no one to them. They treated me like a poor, lowly maid. Almost everyday, I got new scars and bruises over my body. They were that abusive" simula ko. I bit my lower lip to stop myself from tearing. "They hurt me almost everyday. They slap me, hit me with their hands, Ropes, or brooms" I said and a tear fell from my eye.

Argh! Don't cry please. Don't cry!

"Most of the times, they lock me on my room. I don't even get to eat. So I just spend my time on my room, studying. Not even once, they told me that they were proud of me. I don't really care if they hit me a lot of times,, I just.... I just.... I just want to hear from their mouth that they are proud at me" 

I then began to cry an ocean of tears. 

So Madame Elena caressed my back.

"I got good grades but I still haven't heard it from them. Instead, more painful words are what I hear. Ang totoong anak nila, siya lang kakampi ko doon. Oh no! Or maybe I just thought that she was... Wala naman siyang ibang ginawa kundi ang kaawaan ako eh! And I hated her for that reason!" I yelled.

"On school, I also thought that I'd be fine there. Well, at first it was fine. Not until the 1st semester in my grade 11 came. I met someone. I met the person that I would hate the most. Then, issues, fake videos, fake news spread everywhere" I cried, and cried, even harder. "Everyone then doubted me. They all turned their backs on me. They never listen. I felt betrayed. I felt.... I felt like I wanted to end my life"

Then Madame Elena hugged me tight. 

"December.... No. I actually do hate my birthday now"

"Why is that?"

"The most painful things happened on the exact same date. Someone, who I cherished the most died. New negative issues began to spread. I found out my boyfriend was cheating. And I got kicked out from the house. And that was also the time I decided to go here in the city, to hide. Because here, no one knows me"

Mas humigpit naman ang yakap niya sa akin. "That's how I felt too, in the past"

*****

Zavriel's Pov

I was here, at the back of their cottage, hiding and just listening to her story.

I'm not quite surprised about it since I knew it ever since the first time I met her.

Well, when we bumped to each other the first time, I noticed some scars and some bruises on her body. I also noticed that she don't smile that much.

Rosella, her friend, told her boyfriend, Andrew, my friend, about Khiena's story. And then Andrew, told me about it.

Why would he tell me about it?

Simple.

I liked Khiena from the very first time we me-----what am I talking about?!

Geez! I also found out what happened to her, on her exact birthday coz Erika told me.

That was also the time I broke up with my girlfriend and really! I can't believe it that my ex-girlfriend was cheating on me, with Khiena's boyfriend, and then Khiena's ex-boyfriend was cheating on her with my girlfriend.

"That's how I felt too, in the past" rinig kong sabi naman ni Tita Elena.

I just stayed here and then listened to their stories.

Maya-maya pa'y dumating rin dito si Asher, para makinig sa kwento.

He smiled at me. "Kuya, ate Khiena has a sad life right? I don't know why but I consider her as my big sister so take care of her" Bulong niya pa.

"You know Khiena... I lost my kids. I lost my first born son, and I also lost a daughter" Tita Elena stated. And that made me looked at Asher.

He just smiled and motioned to be quiet.

"I lost my first son because I left home and then when I returned, there was a fire. And then I lost my daughter because I left her to some family para mabuhay naman siya, since walang-wala ako. Sabi ko nga rin na babalikan ko pa anak ko kapag may sapat na pera na ako. Pero nang bumalik ako doon, the people on that neighborhood told me that my daughter died long ago at wala na rin doon iyong pamilyang iniwanan ko ng anak ko" 

Geez! What a sad story.

"Wala ka bang asawa--" Khiena was cut off by Tita Elena.

"I got trick by that man, twice"

"So, iisa lang ang papa ng dalawang anak niyong nawala?" Khiena asked.

"Yes. And now, I found a man who truly loves me. And Asher Akhiro is the result"

"You're still lucky you found someone and have a son. While I have nothing"