Visiting Old Friends

When I arrived at the entrance to the sand village, I turned left. They always lived left of the Sand village. I smirked when I saw the first signs of their entrance. The sand started shifting.

"Do I really look that different?" I called out coming to a stop. 

"DARCI?!" A female voice yelled. I grinned and waved. A figure with black hair shot out toward me. I dodged out of the way just in time not to be tackled to the ground. I grinned as the girl scowled at me.

"You have to do better than that Miata. You know that" I commented as I helped the girl up. Miata grinned and we hugged.

"What brings you here?" Miata asked as we started walking toward her clan. I sighed.

"Long story. I need to see your father before I tell you though" I explained. Miata nodded and lead me to her father. She now knew it was serious. She led me into the compound of her clan and to the house at the far end of the entrance. It was her house and the leader of the clans house.

"Darci! What a surprise to see you! Is there something wrong?" Kauri, Miata's mum asked as I walked in behind her daughter.

"Sort of. I need to see Kaito first though" I said. Kauri nodded and motioned for Miata and I to follow her. We walked down stairs and into a training room of sorts. I smiled when I saw Kaito and Miata's youngest brother, Tarou, fighting.

"Kaito" Kauri said in a serious voice. The men both stopped fighting and looked over. Both eyes settled on me. I stepped forward.

"We really need to talk" I said. Kaito nodded.

"Kauri, Miata, please leave us. Kauri, could you please call our other sons. I get the feeling that Darci might need our help" Kaito said. Miata was about to protest about having to leave but I touched her shoulder and shook my head. She frowned but nodded, following her mother out.

"Come and sit Darci. You look worn out" Tarou said. I smiled at him and walked over. Tarou took my bag and pushed a crate toward me. I sat. The three of us heard footsteps and Miata's other brothers, Ryota, Osamu, Naoki, Michi, Ichirou and Hotaka walked in.

"Man I missed you guys" I couldn't help but grin. They all laughed as they walked over.

"You either came here because you are in trouble or you finally realized you feelings for Tarou" Hotaka teased. Tarou went the slightest shade of pink but played it off. I giggled before coming serious.

"Actually, it is a lot more serious than than, no offence Tarou. And Hotaka, I will have you know I am in a loving relationship, I think" I said. I wasn't sure where Kiba and I stood. I sighed.

"Tell us what has happen Darci. You know that the Maki clan will always be behind you" Kaito said. I nodded and everyone got comfortable.

"Where do I start? I guess with me. I am not the daughter of Orochimaru. I am the daughter of Leaf Village ninja, Kakashi Hatake, son of the white Fang and known as the Copy Cat ninja. I was switched at birth by a man named Tobi or Madara. He has several alias'" I started. As I explained what had happened, and I explained everything from Itachi's death to my troubles with Kiba. I could always tell these guys anything.

"So you think that the Akatsuki , under the rule of Madara, will attack the leaf village?" Tarou asked. I nodded.

"I don't know why but I do. And I have no right to ask you this but I want your clans help in protecting the Leaf Village. It is my home. I will do anything to protect it" I said. Kaito nodded.

"We will help you Darci. We understand what home feels like. As we know what it feels like when our home is taken away from you" Kaito stated. I smiled, thankful.

"Thank you. All of you. As you know these Akatsuki are strong, so I recommend you fighting inn groups of two or more" I said. Ryota grinned.

"We know how to fight Darci. We taught you didn't we?" he chucked. I smiled. Standing up and I made a hast decision.

"I would like your permission to take Ryota, Hotaka, Michi and Tarou to the Leaf Village with me. I know it leaves you with only three sons and Miata but I need them." I asked Kaito. he pursed his lips but nodded.

"Of course, our whole clan owes you our lives" Kaito said. I nodded.

"In this fight between the Akatsuki, there will be causalities. I hope you understand that Kaito" I warned. Kaito set a hand on my shoulder.

"I know Darci, I know. You better get going" Kaito said. I nodded and the four Maki brothers that were coming with me stood up and went to the their rooms to pack. I walked up into the Kitchen to find Miata and Kauri.

"Miata, I have something for you. A storm is coming and I want you to be protected." I said. Just like Lee, Miata is unable to use Ninjutsu or Genjutsu. Miata looked confused. Pulling out a scroll I smiled.

"I gave a similar scroll to a friend of mine. He is also unable to use Ninjutsu or Genjutsu. In this scroll is a weapon from my collection I had as a child. Between now and the time you are needed, train with it. Master it. It will serve you well" I said giving her the scroll.

"How do I get it out?" she asked curious.

"The summoning justu hand signs and your blood. Just a little. No chakra is needed at all. Just think of it like me summoning Manda or one of my other snakes." I told Miata. She nodded and unrolled the scroll

"We're ready" Hotaka said as he, Ryota, Michi and Tarou walked into the kitchen. I turned to them.

"Let's go" I said. I turned back to Miata and hugged her.

"Take care kiddo" I said before I left with four of her brothers.

"Where are we headed?" Michi asked. I smirked.

"You always wanted to know what the Leaf Village is like. Now you will" I said without turning to face the four Maki brothers.