14 || Liam's Disappearance

-3rd person's P.O.V-

"Hurry!" Madeline whisper-shouted at her brother who was breaking into Garrett's locker to check if there was anything suspicious in it.

Liam and she shared a look both of them antsy to get caught. "I think someone's coming. Hurry" Liam warns them. "You find anything?" Liam asks Scott.

The McCall siblings may be years apart but they knew each other very much and they were really close unlike some.

"No. Nothing" when Scott took some time to answer she knew he was lying. But she didn't want to question him on something that he clearly lied in front of Liam for a reason, so she pinned to ask him when they got home.

°°°

When the two siblings got home to a dark house and no mom they both sighed. "The powers off" she says knowing that they had to pay.

"Yeah uh I need to go to my room" Scott didn't even look at her but went straight to his room. Madeline frowned and followed right after.

"Uh, are you not going to tell me what you found?"

"I didn't" Scott denied.

She scoffed. "Please. I know when you lie, you're horrible at it. What's in the bag?" she asks following him into his room as he immediately placed it under the bed.

"Mads-"

"Okay then I'll see for myself" she says taking it out and opening it too quickly for him to stop her. Her eyes went wide like they would pop right out of her skull with her jaw drop.

"That's a lot of money" her lips curved into a smile thinking of how she could pay for the power and the water and anything else they owned.

"I thought about it too. We can't" Madeline closed the bag and put it back under the bed and stood up. "Why not? It's Garrett's aka a killer who doesn't deserve it. We could help mom" she says.

Scott looked at her with sad eyes and sits in the bed. "No, it's Peter's. If we take it we'd be doing the same thing the Benefactor did to Peter" he reason making her think it was true.

She plopped on the bed laying down. "This sucks. We've got money but our morals and the right thing don't let us do this. I hate being the good guy" she jokes making Scott smile.

She knew that taking it wouldn't be doing the right thing and that is not what her mother taught him or her. They knew they had to take it but yet it was very tempting.