26 || Keyword Of The Fourth Part

-3rd person's P.O.V-

Everyone from the school was at the Bonfire and ready to get their butts drunk until they were down on the floor. Anyone that didn't have a badge wasn't supposed to stop them from doing so.

But as some tried to forget about their day some were stuck having it be reminded every second. Madeline was the one to revive her memories of last night.

Her blue eyes had been a little red from crying and her hair was up-tied. She didn't come with anybody but she hoped to meet Deaton at the clinic.

She didn't have a phone and she had been so caught up with what happened she even forgot to tell the man that she was coming to see him.

It was the only chance to know what she was. Or whatever happened to her. To explain it to her and give her a reason as to what is she?

Every now and then she'd look at her surroundings for anything that could be a threat. She'd listen to things here and there but saw it was nothing.

Was she ready for this? No. Not at all. But not knowing is worse than knowing. Maybe he even knows how to get them off or turn her back to being human again.

Because by now she knew that if she had these wings, she wasn't just human.

As her feet kept a nervous step she tried her best to get as fast as possible to the veterinary's building. It was dark out, she didn't have a phone and stupidly forgot to tell her brother or anybody that she was there.

Her hands gripped her arms as she tried to cover the slightly cold temperature that was in the night today.

Madeline was fine. Everything was going great. That, until she heard them again. The motorcycles. Not one but five she heard them all turn on one by one.

Her breathing caught up in her throat, she was too afraid to look back. Maybe if she didn't they'd think they have the wrong person.

But she was wrong. She may not have been their target before but was for sure now.

Hurrying up her feet she broke into a sprint running as fast as she could to the clinic. Hoping that Deaton was there.

Seeing the shadows close behind her she tried to run even faster seeing the trees pass by her so fast she saw them in a blur.

As her lips started to dry and her body began to shake, she felt somewhat relieved to see the clinic. Quickly she ran inside only to see all the lights off and no Deaton.

"No-no-no" she cried tears already prickling in her eyes ready to fall down like they had no tomorrow and maybe she didn't.

But she prayed she did.