Chapter One

"August you cannot do this alone, you will get yourself killed" my best friend Octavia said.

"Not if I'm quick I won't get caught. The more of us, the worse it will be and a higher risk for everyone. Please spare me the bullshit, I've been trained to do this kind of stuff since I can remember" I laughed.

"Say all you want. I know the real reason as to why you are doing this. Where is your trainer now huh?"
I stopped what I was doing and looked at her.

I stared into her bright blue eyes and all I could see was worry. She was serious.

Octavia is the only person I trust with my life and the only one who I truly believe to be loyal. Being a mafia boss makes you realise that you can't trust anyone as there are always those who will betray you.

"I'm sorry.... look if I'm not back within 24 hours then send out a search party for me or something I don't know. Look it doesn't matter because I'm not going to get myself killed ok?" I reassured.

"Fine but wear this" she handed me a bracelet.

"What's this going to do? Scare off the bad men when they look at it?" I joked.

Octavia did not seem amused. What? A mafia boss cant joke around?

"Stop it, it's a tracker. Just in case" she glared.

I laughed and packed up my things. I snatched the tracker out of her hand and smirked as I walked out of my office.

August's outfit ^^

August's outfit ^^

I got in my black Porsche and reversed out the driveway. This was going to be fun. I've been so bored lately. Everything has been in check. Rather EVERYONE has been in check. I needed to have a little fun by myself without my girls.

I was driving for around thirty minutes when I made my way to his house. Pathetic, it was no where near as nice as mine.

His house was white and fairly big. In the middle of nowhere surrounded by hundreds of acres of trees. Probably a bonus as nobody can hear him torture his rivals.

God how I hated him for what he did. But I wasn't ready to kill him yet. I needed to use him and then I would torture him and make sure he had a slow, meaningless death.

I got out my car and suited myself up with guns, knives and knuckle dusters. Just in case anything happens for the worse.

I walked round the back of the wall and peaked over. Shit. It was guarded with his men. Only four though. I think I could take them. I jumped over the wall and pulled out my knife. I silently snuck up behind one of them and slit his throat. One of the others turned and saw what I had done. Before he got the chance to act, I threw my knife at his throat and he was down.

Two down, two to go.

I pulled my knife out of the guards throat and walked back around. These guards were so oblivious to what was going on they didn't even know I was here yet.

I creeped up behind the other two and drew out my other knife. I slit one of their throats and threw the other knife at the second guards head.

With all of them dead, this was the perfect opportunity to make my way inside.

I stopped on my tracks, something felt off. Something didn't feel right but I couldn't put my finger on it. It felt like someone was watching me or rather, someone's.... multiple.

I shrugged it off and made my way inside.

Nobody. No guards. No him. No nothing.

I pulled out my gun and held it close as I made my way silently and slowly up the cascading stairs.

I looked left and right when I made it to the top. The corridors were empty. Almost as if the house was abandoned. Did he make it look like this on purpose?

There was a room to my left, the door slightly ajar.
I walked in and closed the door behind me.

And breathe.

I felt uncertain about something but I pushed it to the back of my mind.

It was his office. There was a desk piled with paper work and tapes. Books were all over the room, scattered on the floor and sofas. The windows were blacked out and the lights were dim I could hardly see.

I could make out his name on the desk: Marcus Lathel.

Scumbag. I hated him and I would get my revenge on him as soon as I had taken what I wanted.

I ran over to his desk and searched through this draws. Where is it?

I rummaged around the paperwork and books and that's when I saw it.

The USB containing all his financial information, all his plans, all his victims and all the crimes he had committed. I snatched it and put it in my jacket pocket.