Chapter Eight

Ashton
I couldn't keep my eyes off august all night. She looked beautiful. I don't think I've ever seen a woman so gorgeous.

She looked drunk, I could tell by the way she was walking. She still looked flawless even in her drunken state. There was something about her that made her seem special, she was different and stronger than most other women. Mentally and physically.

She stumbled out of the room and soon after a man followed. I followed him and he had August pushed against the wall.

I pulled him off her and threatened him, that should scare him off. Pussy for trying to come onto a girl clearly intoxicated. Clearly wasn't brought up right.

"Maybe you should reconsider my offer, form an alliance?"

It was silent and she didn't respond, I winked at her before I walked back into the ball.

The night was coming to an end and everyone was starting to leave. I waited for her to leave, just in case anything else happened. I was going to form an alliance with her, she was strong and so was I.

I liked her, she was like me. Trapped in this life, did whatever she could to keep going and keep her people safe and secure.

I watched her turn to leave and we made eye contact, I smirked and raised my glass up to her. She looked mad and turned round to leave. I knew she wasn't really mad, I could see it in her eyes.

"Alex let's get going, I'm bored and have had enough of drunk men and their bullshit."

"I agree boss, i will get the others and we will get out of here. I'll call the car around."

-

When I got back to the house I sat in the kitchen with my men and had a drink. We were laughing around and some of my men were dancing to the music we put on. Dickheads, it looked fun but I couldn't let my guard down. I don't want to look pathetic. I'm glad my men were enjoying themselves either way, they deserve to be cut some slack sometimes.

I was trying to enjoy myself but I couldn't stop thinking about August. I wanted to form an alliance with her for business... but also because it was an excuse to see her.

"Alex, come here. I need to talk to you."

"Yes boss, what you need?"

"I need you to do some research on someone who was at the ball tonight. Her name is August-"

"August Green?" Alex asked in shock.

"Erm I don't know, I think that's her last name, why? Do you know her?" I questioned suspiciously.

"Yeah, she is one of the only women to lead a mafia. I heard she's pretty crazy when it comes to people who double cross her and also she's that chic who was at Marcus' that day. Right? She's kinda hot" Alex laughed nervously.

Shut up already.

"Errr, yeah so basically I need you to find out as much about her as possibly. I'm desperate, we need her and her people to form an alliance. It will be good for business." I ordered.

I got up after speaking with Alex and went to bed.
I was so stressed and I don't know why. Alex's comment pissed me off, saying she's hot. Fuck off with that.

I could not stop thinking about her, how hot she looked tonight.

I decided that I was going to see her the tomorrow. I felt the urge to see her, something drew me in. She was fascinating and I wanted to know more.

Lost in my own thoughts, I heard a knock on the door.

"Come in."

"Hey boss, I did my research on that August. There wasn't much to find out. She's literally invisible. I can't find anything from before 2 years ago. Before that, it's like she never existed."

"Give me the file. Thanks Alex for doing this."

"Yes boss, see you tomorrow."

Yet again I was alone. Time to do some reading, I think knowing more about her will make it easier to get close to her and form this alliance. It's the best shot I got.