Chapter Two

"Boss there is a women in the front driveway" Alex shouted through the ear piece.

"I am aware" I angrily responded. "Don't shoot"

I watched her. She was a slim woman, slightly curvy and had long blonde hair which was slightly curled. She wore black trousers and a tight black top with a leather jacket. I hadn't yet seen her face as she wasn't close enough.

What was she playing at? I didn't think Marcus associated with women considering his harsh nature and unfortunate looks. I guess everyone has to pleasure themselves every once in a while, even scum like him.

She must be a pros- ok maybe not. She killed the guards. Clearly not a friend of Marcus. She threw a knife at the last surviving guard and he stumbled to the ground.

I was interested. Not weak and definitely not a whore.

"Alex are you seeing this" I said through the ear piece.

"Yes boss. Seems fierce but what are we going to do about her? Do we take her out" Alex questioned.

I watched her and she stopped, almost as if she could sense us watching. The place was surrounded from different angles by my men, she seemed not to notice or care.

"Don't take her out, I want to find out who she is and why she is here. She could be valuable, if not... then we kill her. Simple as that" I whispered through the ear piece.

"Ok boss. We have the whole area surrounded."

"Good. Remember the main priority is that USB and Marcus. Wait till he comes out and then we attack."

"Yes boss"

August's POV:
As soon as I had the USB, I made it for the door, dodging all the shit on the floor. Knowing me I would trip on a book and break my ankle.

I opened the door and rushed down the stairs but soon came to a halt when I realised.... Marcus.

Shit.

Him and his men all turned their heads as if on queue. They all seemed shocked at first and they withdrew their guns as I did mine. The air fell cold and Marcus smiled. Not a nice smile, an evil, cold, heartless smile.

"August... how lovely to see you. I don't recall us having a meeting. Did I miss your call?" He smirked.

I didn't respond, I jumped over the banister and ran for the back door. Shots went off and hit the walls. Jesus Christ they have shit aim, who the fuck trained these bunch of looneys?

I ran out the door and scrambled onto the wall, I hauled myself over and landed on my arse. Fuck that hurt. I pushed myself back up and made it for the woods somehow hoping I could lose them. I heard people running behind me and without looking, fired shots in the hope I would hit something.

I carried on running and didn't dare to turn back. I'm not dying this way. You can count me out if you think I'm dying before killing Marcus myself.

Ashtons POV:
"Boss she's making a run for it, I think she may have what we are looking for" Alex exclaimed. "Should we go after her?"

"No I will go after the girl, keep an eye out for Marcus, running isn't his thing so I assume he's still in the house." I said.

"Yes boss."

I ran into the forest, following the tracks of Marcus' men and the girl. They weren't too far ahead of me.
Guns were going off everywhere and I was praying that I hadn't been seen yet.

The men were further behind than the girl and I could see her ahead. Damn she was fast, running in boots too. She's quick but not as quick as me. I ran far next to her and she was... smiling?

It almost seemed like she found this whole situation hilarious. Not very professional but that wasn't my main priority. Why was she running from them? What does she have? And who is she?

She continued to run. Her hair flew in the wind and she almost looked majestic. The girl seemed to not have a care in the world and don't seem afraid, this was entertaining for her. She probably likes the rush, the same as me.

She still hadn't seen me and I think she thought she was safe as she began to slow down. Wrong move.
I charged at her and tackled her to the ground.

She fell and rolled away from me, I was on the ground too. I tried to grab her but she was quick. She got up and attempted to run but I grabbed her foot and dragged her back down.

"Get the fuck off me" she screamed.

"That's no way for a lady to talk" I laughed.

The girl didn't seem amused as she kicked me in the face and punched me in the stomach. She got on top of me and tried to punch me again but I grabbed her wrist before she could. The girl quickly withdrew her knife from her pocket and I grabbed that wrist too.

I flipped her over so I was now on top and pushed her wrist with the knife to her throat. She tried to knee me in the back but failed as I was to strong for her. The girl was trapped.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"I'm not fucking telling you, get off me now!!" She screamed.

I pushed the knife further into her neck and smiled sarcastically.

"I'm not going to ask again, what is your name and why are you running from Marcus?" I said in a more colder tone.

The girl was breathing heavy now, she was panicking and had stopped fighting. I was face to face with her and I stopped for a moment to look at her properly. She was undeniably gorgeous. Light hazel eyes, soft smooth skin and plump pink lips. I wonder what it would be like to press mine against hers. She has a lot of piercings in her ears which made her look interesting and not like many other girls. Maybe she enjoyed the pain.

Shit I was getting distracted.

That's when I felt a gun cock behind my head. I let go of the girl and put my hands up.

"Get up both of you."