Chapter Twenty Two

Ashton
Henry seemed like a good guy. He had a lot of respect and cared for August the only thing that annoyed me was when he said about one of his guys being interested in August.

I don't know why but it pissed me off, I want her so badly but I'm afraid of what would happen if I did have her and I don't even know how she actually feels about me. All I do know if that this morning when I saw her in her gym gear, I just wanted to tear it right off and fuck her on the kitchen counter. The fact she walked around in booty shorts and a sports bra, I mean it is her own house but god if she walked around my house like that, I would put her in her place.

We left Henry's place and me and August haven't spoken since this morning when she said I had a tiny dick. God how I wanted to show her it wasn't and then she would take back the shit she said. In the end she would be begging me to stop fucking her because she can't take it.

"You ok man?" Oscar was driving his car and I got a ride with him and Danny. Jonathan rode with August in her Porsche.

"Yeah just, thinking about the Marcus shit and don't want anyone getting hurt." I look out the winder to avoid further conversation but Oscar doesn't fucking stop.

"Yeah course, thinking bout August?" Oscar didn't take his eyes off the road as he said it, probably afraid that if he looked at me, I would kill him with my stare.

"No, we're just business partners, nothing more." Fuck I wanted it to be more.

"Oh yeah course, just Octavia tells me shit that August tells her and... yeah I'm just curious."

Oscar is now smiling and so is Danny in the back yet he's looking down at his laptop while listening in on the conversation.

This is all bullshit.

August

"You've been in a bad mood lately." Jonathan spoke up next to me.

"Yeah, you're not the first to say something about it." I sigh and carry on driving.

"Do something fun to take your mind off it, like a car raceeeee. I know how much you enjoy those." Jonathan is smirking as if he's just won a medal. He knows me better than I anticipated.

"Yeah only when I'm racing an enemy because usually they end up dead so I win either way." Only down to the fact I'm a bad sport and end up shooting them before they even think about winning.

We pulled up to a stop sign and waited for Oscar to pull next to us.

"Switch seats with him." I pointed to Ashton and they both had a confused look on their face.

Jonathan was laughing next to me and Ashton and Oscar switched like I demanded.

"What now?" Ashton asked.

"We race to the death, well not literally unless you're lucky." I smiled and stuck my middle finger up at him and I swear I saw a smile but he looked away before I could catch a further glimpse. "Finish line is the next stop light."

"This is going to be priceless." I heard Oscar say from the other car. Danny was probably in the back holding onto his precious laptop for dear life.

"3...2...1... GO." Jonathan counted down and I was off.

I revved my engine and hit the gas as soon as he got to 1. I may have cheated but it's tradition to go on the count of 1.

Ashton was slightly behind me but he was catching up quick. I slammed on the excelerator, now going at least 90.

I laughed as I was so eager to win, I loved this shit as it gave me such a thrill. For one, I could probably die and for two, it would be worth it if I died like this.

Ashton was now next to me and we both looked at each other, our eyes met for a split second before he picked up the pace. What a prick, no way in hell was I going to let him win.

I tried to go faster and i was catching up, Ashton swerved his car slightly in front of me forcing me to slam the breaks, I didn't come to a complete stop but it made me slow down.

"Shit, he's in for it now."

Jonathan laughed beside me and put on Tokyo Drift, he turned up the volume to 100 and was wetting himself laughing in the passenger seat.

"Seriously." I shouted over the music.

"Perfect song for the moment right?" He winked and I laughed as he did have a valid point.

The music somehow made me lose it and I was driving up to 100 now. I turned round the bend swiftly but harsh and it caused Jonathan to hold onto the dashboard for support.

I picked up the speed even more and was driving alongside Ashton. Oscar and Danny were shouting and sticking their fingers up in a playful manner and Jonathan was swearing at them.

It was hard to stay focused when they were doing that as it made me want to burst out laughing.

"August fucking go faster." Jonathan shouted over the music.

"Wish granted."

And on that note, I went as fast as my car could possibly go and sped away from Ashtons car, the stop light was about 20 metres in front and I knew I was going to make it until I heard Ashton reving the car next to me. That son of a bitch knew how to drive. He was matching my pace and he knew it irritated me.

"Come on August we are gonna make it."

We raced through the stop light and so did Ashton at the exact same time. What the fuck. Nobody had ever beaten me in a race, Octavia came pretty close once but then i smacked into her, steering her off the road. She was fine, just a couple bruises from impact but that's what friends are for... right?

Both of the cars slowed down and pulled into one of the lay-bys.

We all got out the car and I started laughing, Oscar jumped on me and tried to tackle me as a joke but I dodged it quick and instead he ended up falling into my car.

"Hey, if you don't my car, you can pay to repair it out of your own wages."

"Yeah yeah whatever, it's not like you're rich or anything."

I mocked him and stuck my fingers up at him. Which caused everyone to laugh even Ashton which was weird as I felt like I hadn't seen him laugh genuinely before.

"We need to head back, the girls are probably wondering what's taking us so long, probably missing your annoying asses too." I shoved the boys into the car and laughed.

"Yeah whatever August, you love our 'annoying asses' really." Danny said from the backseat.

"Pfff you wish." I joked.

We all got back in the cars and rode back home, the whole journey back I thought about Ashton and the way we looked at each other when racing. The look was so intense it felt like my heart was about to shatter in a million pieces as I wanted him so bad, but felt that it could never happen.

I wish I could have him and I wish he could have me.

Hey guys sorry for a short chapter, I got my septum pierced today and can't lie, I feel like I got 10 times hotter. But now have a banging headache from the pain.

Thank you for reading I will hopefully update Sunday or Saturday but I have work this weekend so don't hate me :)