Chapter Twenty Five

August
I shot up to find myself in my bed, I looked around and it was light out. I was in one of my over sized shirts and my head was still spinning.

I prayed that last night was a nightmare, but as I scanned my room, I saw my dress and it was covered in blood which certainly wasn't mine.

My heart felt like it had stopped once again and it was becoming hard to breathe. I felt so numb and the tears flowed out of me. This didn't feel real, my face was becoming physically numb from how much I was now crying. My hands were tingling, I felt like I wasn't even in my own body. How could this have happened?

I suddenly felt light headed and my body was heating up. Oh god.

I ran out of bed and into the bathroom where I collapsed beside the toilet and was sick. My stomach ached but not as much as my heart. I leaned back away from the toilet and brought my knees up to my chest and hugged myself tightly.

The tears weren't stopping and I couldn't be seen in this state.

I turned on the shower and sat on the floor, allowing the water to soak my body. I sat like this for a while, allowing the memories of last night to consume my brain.

This moment felt worse than when I lost my parents. I guess it was because Octavia was one of the last people I had. She was the one who got me through it all, but who is going to get me through this?

I feel like my life will never be the same. I watched my best friend, my sister, die right in front of me. I could have stopped it or seen it coming but I didn't, I failed her, just like how I failed my parents.

I managed to wash myself and get out the shower where I then brushed my teeth and sorted out my hair.

I put on some old joggers and a white cropped tank top. Before leaving my room I stopped to look in the mirror, my hair was still a mess and my eyes were dark and puffy from crying. I had a small cut on my cheek and above my eyebrow, probably from the explosion.

I walked down the stairs towards the kitchen and everyone was already there sitting round the table. Oscar didn't look good, he was in the same clothes as last night, blood stained on his white shirt and his lip was cut.

Everyone turned their heads when they heard me walk in. Ashton was there and so was Alex, as were the rest of my guys.

Nobody said anything, they just stared and most of them had a sorry expression on their face, I felt like they pitied me.

Skylar got up from the table, followed by Alexis and Misty. They all comforted me by giving me a hug, still nobody said anything but I wouldn't know what to say if someone did.

I broke contact with the girls and walked over to the counter. I started on making myself a coffee and picked up a cigarette. Everyone's eyes were still on me, I could feel it without even looking.

I lit the cigarette and took a long drag before finally looking at everyone.

"Octavias gone..." Danny spoke.

"No shit." I said as I crossed my arms and took another drag of my cigarette. I know wasn't the time to be acting like this but I didn't know how else to react.

Oscar finally looked up and made eye contact. He had a vengeful look in his eyes and I could tell he was hurting, probably more than I was I mean shit, he was in love with her. I don't even know if he ever got the chance to tell her that.

I turned my attention to Ashton, he hadn't changed from last night either and he looked a mess. He had a bit of blood on his shirt and a few cuts on his face and hands but he was ok.

For the first time, he looked sad. His eyes were soft and his expression was calming. He felt bad and I don't think he knows what to say either. He gave me a reassuring smile but I struggled to return the smile I just gave him a slight nod.

"I want everyone to find out who fucking did this. I can guarantee it won't be hard to figure out as I'm sure we all have a perfect idea of who is to answer for. I want to know every detail and I want the information reported back to me by this evening." I demanded.

Everyone just nodded slightly except for Ashton and on that note I left the room.

I went into my office and slammed the door. The room was filled with silence. I walked towards my desk and held onto it as I leaned forward. I took a deep breathe, trying to calm myself down. I was hurting, I was angry, I was sad, I felt so numb and I didn't know what to do except for kill the motherfuckers that did this.

I grabbed a bottle of vodka and threw it against the wall. It smashed and glass shattered all onto the ground.

I then proceeded to swipe everything off my desk with my hands and watch the clatter tumble to the ground.

I grabbed a bottle of whiskey and also threw it against the door, causing it to break into a million pieces in front of me.

Why didn't I do something? Anything could have changed what happened. If only I had been stubborn and said not to go out, things could have been different.

I walked behind my desk and slumped into my chair. I opened up one of the draws and pulled out one of my emergency bottles of whiskey. Beside the bottle was a photo of me and Octavia from when we were like 18. We were at the beach laughing and hugging each other. That was one of my favourite memories.

We had stolen one of my dads cars and took a ride down to the beach at like 5 in the morning to watch the sun rise. Life felt so much more normal back then, I was younger and happier and I had all the people I needed. But now they are gone.

I opened the bottle of whiskey and took large gulps from it. It burned the back of my throat which was unusual for me but it probably hurt from how dry it was from crying and screaming.

This was it, I was going to fucking torture and murder who ever did this. I will never forgive or forget what happened and I was going to make sure that every person involved would die at the hands of me.

Suddenly, there was a small knock on the door and before I could give permission to enter, Ashton walked in.

Sorry this chapter is a little short and yes Octavia is now dead :((

Did you like Octavia?