「6」 The Assassin of the Mist

❀

❀.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.❀

「The Assassin of the Mist」
✿6✿

❀.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.❀

2nd Pov

You and Team 7 we're currently on a boat that was hiding in the Mist. You and the Team were eyeing Tazuna since you all pretty much knew that this was beyond scope of the mission.

The bridge isn't far now. Our destination's just ahead, The Land of Waves." The person said, that was rowing the boat.

"You all look up to see a giant bridge that was currently not finished. You were impressed by the progress that Tazuna was making with the bridge.

"Woah! It's huge!" Naruto shouted.

"What? Quiet! I told you, no noise! Why do you think we're traveling like this, huh? Cutting off the engine and rowing, moving around the dense fog so they don't see us." The man reminded.

"Mr. Tazuna, before we reach the pier, I want to ask you something. The men who are after you, I need to know why. If you don't tell us, I'm afraid I'll have to end this mission here when we drop you ashore." Kakashi said seriously.

"Sensei..." You trailed.

It was silent for a minute until Tazuna finally spoke. "I have no choice but to tell you. No, I want you to know the whole truth. Like you said, this is beyond the scope of the original mission. The one who seeks my life is a very short man who casts a very long and deadly shadow." Tazuna said.

"A deadly shadow? Hmm, who is it?" Kakashi questioned.

"You know him. At least, I'm sure you heard his name before. He's one of the wealthiest men in the world. The shipping magnet, Gato." Tazuna said.

"Huh? Gato? Of Gato Transport? He's a business leader. Everyone knows him." Kakashi said in a surprised tone.

"Who? Who? What? What?" Naruto questioned.

"Gato is a very powerful tycoon from a famous Company, that's true. But below the surface, with the same ruthless methods he uses to take over businesses and nations, he sells drugs and contraband using gangs and ninja. It was one year ago when when Gato first set his sight on The Land of Waves. He came to our island and used his vast wealth to take total control of our transport and shipping. Anyone who tried to stand in his way simply disappeared. In an island nation, a man who controls the sea controls everything. Finance, government, our very lives. But there's one thing he fears, the bridge. When it is complete, it will join us to the land, and that will break his control. I am the bridge builder." He explained.