Shh...

(Underground hero Izuku au)

Class 1-A was surprised when Izuku blurted out that he wanted to become an underground hero.

I've learned to slam on the brake

"Are you sure Izuku?"
"Yeah, you won't be the number one hero nerd!"
"You worked so hard for this Deku."

Before I even turn the key

Izuku smiled at his classmates and turned to his teacher smiling and nodded.
Aizawa sighed and ruffled Izuku's hair but agreed to show him the ropes.

Before I make the mistake

Izuku trained hard to keep himself secret, to make the records of his heroic deeds disappear from the eye of the public.
Katsuki was suspicious of what Izuku said because he has always wanted to be a hero so for him to suddenly want to go underground didn't make sense to him.
"Oi Deku!"
Deku looked up from his notebook with a tilt of his head.

Before I lead with the worst of me

"Explain the whole wanting to go underground shit."
"What do you mean Kacchan?"
Tch! What do you think! You've always wanted to be the number one hero! Why would you give up the chance to go unnoticed?!"
Izuku was quiet for a moment.
But that moment was all it took.
Katsuki could see a few gray strands in Izuku's hair, his bottom lip nearly raw from biting it and the bags their home room teacher always seemed to have.

Give them no reason to stare

"Some people just can't handle the spotlight Kacchan. Always having someone look over to see what you're doing...."
"That's dangerous Deku! Don't go pushing people away just because you don't like their stares! What if you fall in battle and they're no-"
"Kacchan! It's not that different from regular hero work! I'm just not in the spotlight."

No slipping up if you slip away

Katsuki bit his tongue. He had more questions.
'What about your dream?'
'What about OUR dream?!'
'...what about me...?'
"Are you sure you're not jumping the gun a bit Deku?"
Katsuki hated how he silently hoped that Izuku would change his mind. That he would agree to be his partner.
"I'm sure Kacchan. I'll support you throughout your hero career though! Kacchan and I just won't be sharing the spotlight!"

So I got nothing to share

Katsuki could basically hear Deku's self harming thoughts that he doesn't belong in the spotlight anyway.
It tore Katsuki apart.
Katsuki gently laid a kiss on Izuku's head.
"Ok nerd. But just... be careful! Some underground heroes stay underground because nobody keeps track of where they go. Including in battles. Sometimes medics don't know where to go if the hero can't be traced."
Izuku smiled and kissed the back of Katsuki's hand.
"I promise Kacchan."

No, I got nothing to say

Katsuki smiled at that and lead Deku towards the table to join the rest for dinner.
But, through Deku's time at UA, he slowly closed himself off from people. Except Katsuki. Katsuki wouldn't let him get away.
After U.A, Katsuki moved in with Deku.
But Katsuki wanted to scream at his classmates who seemed to forget about the boy's existence in all.
"Deku? Who's...? Did we have a Deku in class?"
"Eri..... oh yeah she was saved by that uh.... that one guy... All Might's favorite right?"

Step out, step out of the sun

Izuku stayed awake at night. Just staring at old comments on a video of him in the sports festival.
'Ha?! That green haired guy breaks his bones from using his quirk lol'
'How can we believe in a hero who can't even protect himself'
'People like him make me wish that they made the entrance exams tougher'
'I see they're letting anyone into U.A'
'Deku is a fitting name for the useless hero'
'Lol, guys I'm taking bets on how long he lives.'
Izuku stared at the comments with tired eyes.