Masked

(Au- Vigilante Deku, pro heroes never try to save Katsuki from slime villain warnings: body dysmorphia, death)

"
All heroes are broken beyond repair;
all villains are just heroes who choose truth over dare.
"
-truth or dare (via empressium)

Katsuki wasn't sure what set him off this time.

Lazy thoughts clouded his mind as he yelled.

'This isn't healthy'

But his mouth didn't say that out loud. Instead he yelled profanities and curses at the greenette.

'He's crying.... Why won't he just stop? Just stop trying'

Katsuki didn't know what he was saying until he had already told him to take a swan dive off the roof. He was really only fueled on by the laughs of his classmates.

The blonde left. Katsuki felt numb to the situation, like it was playing far, far away from him. Like he wasn't the one committing the acts but just watching.

Katsuki was numb to everything at this point.

Everything was predictable. It was like he was reading a book but he already knew how it went.

The nerd sits and cries. He gets up a bit later, wipes his tears, then he'll go and pick up his notebook and head home to auntie.

Same story, different day. The lack of change was getting under the blonde's skin.

Katsuki looked down to see he stepped in something gooey.

"The fuck-"

The blonde shook it off his shoe but it just came back, this time not being able to be shaken off.

"The fuck is this shit-!"

Next thing he knew he was plunged into darkness.

In all honestly, the blonde didn't even know what was happening.

He could hear faint screams, arguments, sirens? Villain? Is that what this is? A villain?

A voice spoke in his head.

Katsuki felt sick from the voice. He's heard the same words from before.

Complimenting his quirk, telling him how strong he is, everything. He's heard all the same words but it felt different.

Instead of the light feeling he'd feel in his chest, he felt his stomach knotting in disgust.

The goo was everywhere. It was swallowing him up until nothing remained.

This was it for him wasn't it?

Just as that thought crossed the blonde's mind, a hand grabbed his.

Katsuki opened his eyes to see determined green ones staring at him, struggling but somehow succeeding in pulling the blonde out.

But the villain yelled and the goo started to travel up the freckled hand.

But the greenette didn't give up.

After a few minutes of pulling, somehow he got the blonde out.

Katsuki kneeled on the pavement coughing, gasping for air.

"Deku you-"

The blonde turned just to see the greenette take his place in the goo villain. Only this time it was different than his.

While Katsuki was suffocating, Izuku looked like he was in more pain somehow.

"Hey-!"

Katsuki reached to grab the greenette but the sludge hurt. It hurt to touch it for some reason.