Chapter 19 - The Royal Gift

Placing my hand on my chest, I let out a relieved sigh when I felt my heart began to loosen up. It was yet another day of rigorous training as the day to meet the Minatozaki Clan comes close, with Rosé's help, it was decided that we will be heading into Minatozaki territory tomorrow. The werewolf and vampire duo still haven't made it clear how we'll manage to be in Japan when we're all the way still in South Korea but Nayeon and Jihyo seems to trust them and so, we do too.

In the privacy of my room, I began to unbutton my shirt and takes it off of my sweat clad body. I should probably show my face to the other girls to lessen their worries, I know that everyone's attention is on me right now, I can feel their concern and their eyes whenever I'm with them, can't blame them though, the events that happened in the Underworld had shook everyone. Not to mention Momo was near inconsolable when we knew just how fatal an Alpha's bite can be to me, my own best friend is afraid to be near me, going as far as flinching whenever an accidental touch happens. So, I began to distance myself a little.

It's not their fault and more like mine, I can't help but feel like I'm a ticking time bomb since that night in the Underworld, any moment I would slip out of this fragile control I've been holding so tightly. I still can't feed properly yet, the witch blood they've given me had only worked for a day before I began to throw it up. Nayeon had theorized that only Descendant blood can truly help me now, specifically, Mina's blood. Without it, my sanity is standing right at the edge of losing control once again.

The sound of the door opening brought me out of my thoughts and I felt my breath stuck in my throat when I caught sight of familiar blue locks. There she is, Kim Dahyun, standing in front of me as her back leaned against the closed door of my room, her captivating eyes locking me in place and my body instantly tensed. We've never really talked much after my talk with Momo, everyone began training and the stress of holding myself back and the pain from causing my best friend to avoid me was taking a heavy toll on myself that led to my keeping of distance from everyone, including Dahyun.

Said witch bit her lip, flushing red as she looked away from me, "I'm sorry, I should have waited for you to answer when I knocked."

I was confused for a moment and when she gestured at my body, I looked down to see that my shirt's buttons were all undone showing my bra covered chest and bare torso and my shirt halfway down my back. I felt my cheeks heat up in embarrassment, this is the first time we're alone since I woke up from losing control and here I am half naked! I quickly discarded my shirt and scrambled to reach for the robe that hangs from the desk chair and hurried to put it on, silently grateful for Dahyun's turned stature to give me some privacy. When I'm done, I returned to sit back on my bed before clearing my throat to let her know everything's clear.

Dahyun slowly turned back to face me and despite the dimmness of the room, I can clearly see her flushed face. She crossed her arms as she leaned back on the door her eyes on anywhere but me as she speaks, "I... I came to check on you."

I raised an eyebrow when I caught sight of her stiff posture, "You're here to check if I'm on the verge of 'vamping out'?" I said a matter-of-factly.

Dahyun quickly met my gaze with narrowed eyes, "No, I'm here to see how you're doing."

The sincerity on those gorgeous blue eyes was enough to break down my walls and I let myself fall back in bed with a heavy sigh, "Well, as you can see... I'm perfectly fine."

I heard her take slow steps and I felt the bed dip as she takes a sit beside me, "You're brooding," Dahyun deadpanned.

"Excuse me?" I quickly turned to narrow my eyes at her.

Dahyun gave me a sad smile before speaking, "You barely talk to anyone, Sana," her voice is heavy with concern, "You may have trained with us, talked to us about strategies, but other than that, you're closed off."